Guest viewing is limited

Discuss more pricing madness....what do you think? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

CJ CERAMICS

hi all,
just been out to price up a job for a customer.

42sqm in total

diningroom running through to the hallway and the downstairs cloakroom
to include the walls in the cloakroom.

tiles for floors will be basic 330 x 330 ceramics...wall tiles 350 x 200 basic ceramic.

the walls are nice and flat and square so no problems there. the floors are concrete and have been down for years checked levels and they are pretty flat with only minimum dips, easily overcomeable. will need to remove toilet rad and sink from cloak.

having finished measuring and checking levels i set about working out a price as the customer wanted it straight away....anyway when i gave her my price she very nearly fainted!!!! not good i thought. so i asked if she had had any other quotes...yes she said one of which she said for £500.00. and that includes adhesive and grouts and profiles. the Tiler who qouted her said that he would need 4 bags of adhesive?? now to my estimation i would need at least 8 bags of adhesive to complete this job working off 5sqm per bag at 15mm depth. anyway i said sorry but i cannot match that price but i did lower my price a touch and left it at that. The customer has said she will ring me tomorrow to let me know.

chris

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
im getting alot of this aswell, im really quite at the moment, done quite a few quotes over the past couple of weeks but so far nowt.

the thing is theres no way they can do the job to a standered on that price unless there willing to work for £200/£300 a week or there going to cut corners.

im just going to carry on priceing as normal and hopefully it will pick up again :thumbsup:

D

DHTiling

£500 all in...
surprised-004.gif

NO WAY..
surprised-038.gif

Reply to more pricing madness....what do you think? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I live in Cyprus. Bought a new build top floor flat a couple of years ago with a roof...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm relatively new to tiling, and have begun offering it as a service alongside my existing...
Replies
Views
O
    • Winner
So over last few weeks I along with @Mark Frost have been on a project that @jonnyc had invited...
Replies
Views
Julian 'Farmer' Bonsall
J
It was his first day today. I found him on mybuilder. He wasn't the cheapest quote and I chose...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am due to tile our Kitchen floor at the weekend, we went all out for the Black Star light...
Replies
Views
T14086
T

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
more pricing madness....what do you think?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.