Guest viewing is limited

Discuss More travertine in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

ds1980

Dont all start at once! We are doing a wet room, utility area, entrance hall and toilet at present. I hate buying tiles as there are so many to choose from and everybody tells you a different story! ANyway wickes had some unfilled and unhoned travertine 10mm for chhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeap!!! So i bought it. Was going to do the floors with it in this new area. Am i being stupid! Im not bothered about filling it as i like the natural look. Problems seem to be they are too thin for floors? Need to seal especially in the "wetroom" i cant really be bothered to take them all back but if i have to i will. Can anyone put my mind at rest or help. Hard water area will this be bad as well. Any reccommendations would be magic! Ta

Last edited by a moderator:
F

faithhealer

Dont all start at once! We are doing a wet room, utility area, entrance hall and toilet at present. I hate buying tiles as there are so many to choose from and everybody tells you a different story! ANyway wickes had some unfilled and unhoned travertine 10mm for chhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeap!!! So i bought it. Was going to do the floors with it in this new area. Am i being stupid! Im not bothered about filling it as i like the natural look. Problems seem to be they are too thin for floors? Need to seal especially in the "wetroom" i cant really be arsed to take them all back but if i have to i will. Can anyone put my mind at rest or help. Hard water area will this be bad as well. Any reccommendations would be magic! Ta
I don't like holes in a wet area, bacteria is going to get in there

D

ds1980

me and FIL do the work and he's very meticulous so we will know exactly how each one is laid. Im going to "risk" it i think. We usually use nicobond materials for tiling would they have something in particular i need? I cant really understand why they'd crack? Time will tell if they do then wickes will be getting the letter from the insurance company for supplying substandard materials even if they were cheap!! They are only 20x20 as well so that should spread the loads as it were on them wont it?? So i dont need to seal them before i lay them? Get suitable adhesive like a white wide joint flexible thin set adhesive??? for insulation board and natural stone...............seal.............grout using a wide joint grout like Ardex C2 wide joint used with additive ardion 101??.......seal again? Esopecially paying attention to the 1x1 wet area??

Thats my plan anyway!!

Thanks again

oh also i will only fill the holes in the wet area as i want the holey look!!!!!

Reply to More travertine in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R
R
Hello. Went to look at a job yesterday where the customer wants a downstairs utility room...
Replies
Views
rj1884
R
W
Hello All, I’m looking for some advice regarding expansion joints as I am planning a large...
Replies
Views
Whooshman
W
Y
Hi All, I have for the past 24 hours getting to grips with a lot of issues with regard to...
Replies
Views
YNWA2012
Y
S
Hi, I am new to this and really need someone's help. I have just had my bathroom wetroomed and...
Replies
Views
ruairi mac
R

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
More travertine
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.