Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Mortgage Companies - what a joke in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Deleted member 9966

GGGGGRRRRRRRRR I'm soooooooooooooo annoyed now!

Our fixed rate mortgage term is due to end shortly, and our mortgage lender (NatWest/RBS) have right royally screwed us!

They won't let us have a tracker mortgage because our Loan To Value doesn't meet their criteria unless we get our house revalued at our expense (£257!).

Having only ever had a mortgage with these people for 7 years, we're now stuck between a rock and a hard place. Lots of mortgage lenders are not taking on new business and if they are, the customers have to pay extortionate fees to get the new mortgage set up.

Since the credit crunch, there is no longer any discretion or loyalty. Just rules rules and more rules.

Having never missed a mortgage payment, and my marriage almost going down the pan because my husband cannot stop worrying about missing a payment, I feel well and truly conned. back in 2003 banks were falling over themselves to give people mortgages and didn't care whether the loans could be paid back. now I'm 30, with a decent house, decent job and looking to start a family, and all I'm getting is hassle and being told to cough up more dough to a failing bank. yet I can't take my business elsewhere cos nobody wants it :mad2: what a crock :mad2:

:rant:

Total conmen Liz:incazzato:

We did exactly the same last year with the HSBC - our 5 year 4.5% fixed rate came to an end in August and we thought 'result' we'll revert to the BOE interest rate which at the time was 0.5% - Oh no we didn't we reverted to the HSBC interest rate which was about 4.25%:mad2: We have what is called a 'collar and cuff' product which prevents you reducing your interest rate below a certain percentage:prrr:

At the time 4.5% rate was unheard of and we had got an incredible deal as the BOE rate was something like 6.5%, nobody ever dreamt it would drop below 4:yikes:

I would hate to be in a position of having to look for a new mortgage at the minute and my heart goes out to you Liz - but I'm sure it's possible so don't let the swines beat you, think of it as a challenge with the reward being able to tell them to stick their mortgage:thumbsup:

I'm an RBS customer and they are having a real big sales push for all products at the minute - to lose a customer will be a big 'faux pas' for them:smilewinkgrin:

U

user123

I agree with you, Liz, the whole mortgage business sucks - has done for a long time, just with the goalposts being moved, each time to the detriment of the customer - a great big misery inducing power play, I cannot help you but I do feel for you, and you are pretty clued up, so I guess if anyone finds a way out of this one it would be you. Have you had a look at Money Saving Expert: Consumer Revenge - Credit Cards, Shopping, Bank Charges, Cheap Flights and more I poke my nose in there quite often.... good luck! :thumbsup:

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
its not only the customers there screwing, my wife has worked for the stroud and swindon building societie for 26yrs as a mortgage under writer.

this week it has been confirmed that they are being taken over by the coventry building societie, this means they will be shutting down the head office in stroud where she works, with the loss of over 200 jobs.

just what we need with my work being so up and down as well :thumbsdown:

Reply to Mortgage Companies - what a joke in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

L
Hello there. We've just bought our first home and having moved in last week, we are about to...
Replies
Views
Old Mod
O
F
Admiral Nelson: "Order the signal, Hardy." Captain Hardy: "Aye, aye sir." Nelson: "Hold...
Replies
Views
Fliselege
F
Note: If I had no work on, I'd be setting up a bed website. There's such a gap between the giant...
Replies
Views
Scott
S
F
I started a bathroom for the bathroom fitting company I've been working for a week ago friday...
Replies
Views
F
G
**_NELSON AT TRAFALGAR 2009_** **Nelson: "Order the signal, Hardy."** **Hardy: "Aye, aye...
Replies
Views
Prem Tiler
P

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Mortgage Companies - what a joke
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.