Discuss MOT failure.. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
Let's take this as a scenario - Your L200 comes back repaired, with the 2nd hand shocker fitted, and you have an accident due to the shocker failing. They in turn then say they are not paying out because of inferior parts on the car. That leaves you with the bill. I have just had my tyres replaced on my van and was asked if I wanted normal car tyres for the front rather than the van tyres I was replacing, perfectly legal. The mechanic said that if I chose normal tyres, that my insurance could be invalid in the case of an accident. I couldn't see anywhere on my policy where it stated that. So it appears insurance companies can get away with putting on worn/2nd hand/inferior parts and get away with it, but if the boots on the other foot....We always end up paying no matter what.

I would say go for it Doug and don't give up until you get the right outcome! You've probably paid thousands out over the years and received very little back, apart from the odd keyring or Parker pen!!!!

Reply to MOT failure.. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

M
Hi all Interested in views from the trade world about how I should deal with a big floor tiling...
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Replies
Views
J
So I've had my 1200 for a while now and it's done 5-600 cuts, mainly travertine, 610 x 405 x...
Replies
Views
Jelthetiler
J
A
Hello everyone, I am new to your forum and I wanted to say alrite to you all, so Alright??! :)...
Replies
Views
NewGirl?
N
R
Hi all. I’m looking for another opinion(s) on this. A friend of mine posted this picture on...
Replies
Views
E
Hi all,I'm in the middle of tiling a kitchen splashback and walls behind the sink and above the...
Replies
Views
epurdy
E

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
MOT failure..
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.