Discuss My father just died ... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

U

user123

Oh..., I don't know how I am right now, exhausted more than anything but somehow too churned up to go to bed.

I have expected this phonecall since September, nerves on alert every time the phone rang, and now I know it has finally happened and somehow it's ok. My Dad didn't like life much, he was a bitter man, he's wanted to die for ages, this has been so so tough on my Mum who is so poorly, too, logic says it's all for the best. Emotionally I'm all over the place, no denying that, but there is also peace, and I just really like living, you know? I cherish it, I lost my twinbrother when we were 19, and I promised him I'd live for both of us, and that is just what has made me tick ever since. I know with all my joy of life there is pain, too, so we just have to take those times, don't we. I really do want him to rest in peace.

D

doug boardley

G, my father was brought up in very austere fashion, your Pa in probably more so circumstances, it was a sign of the times I'm afraid and we have to let those feelings subside. I often think "wow, if only my dad had seen and done the things that I've had a chance to do", but even so, blood is thicker than water, and I find it very comforting that our final words together were happy ones.xx

U

user123

Alan, it's lovely you remember, it really is and I appreciate it. Spinning head, oh yes, but all the questions have been asked for years and will never be answered, so nothing new there. I think I need sleep now. Good night and God bless you all, thank you for being as real friends as the ones I have locally and strewn all over the world - to me it proves that mankind is basically good, not bad, that good thoughts really do good. You've all done me good today, much better than some phonecalls I've had, where repeating things is hard and kind of fruitlessly painful, too. THe thought of waking up tomorrow remembering doesn't thrill me one little bit, but hey ho, let's get that bit done, too. Thank you all again.

P

Pebbs

Gisele, my friend, you know I am so very sad to hear this news. We spoke a lot about your father over the last few months, and shared the complexities of our fathers and how they can affect us. Dont you go beating yourself up about crying and the overwhelming grief you are going through. Allow yourself these moments of despair because they will come and go as sure as the tide comes in and out. Whatever your emotions and memories may be about your father, he was and will always be your daddy. You are a remarkable lady, and when you have your wobbly moments you will always have your lovely husband and friends to lean on and support you. Be kind to yourself, and know you are loved and cared about.

Lynn ***

Reply to My father just died ... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
We had our loft bathroom done a month ago and are having issues with the tiler (recommended on a...
Replies
Views
Vinny Kehoe
V
My mum is having her bathroom fitted and she sent me some photos and my partner pointed out that...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I live in Cyprus. Bought a new build top floor flat a couple of years ago with a roof...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
My father just died ...
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.