Discuss My poor old knees! Kneepad advice please in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

E

enduro

You want one of these... racpic2.jpg

I've always wear overall inserts for knee pads over the last 5 years or so Graham, but have reverted back to external kneelers now:thumbsup:

My overalls knees were wearing out too fast:yikes:

Went back with Raimondi Relax pads first but found them too narrow for my knees:

Relax_Gel_Kneepads.jpg

I had coveted Alpros for a long while after reading so much about them here on TF, but always thought it would be like wearing shoe boxes on my knees:prrr: Anyway I pushed myself to get a pair and received them yesterday in the post:hurray:

http://www.tilersforums.com/tiling-tools/42756-last-i-have-alpros.html

http://www.**************/acatalog/knee-pads-pro220.jpg

Tremendous!! I'm still in the incubation period with them but initial thoghts are that they are the best knee pads I've had in 20 odd years:thumbsup:

Last edited:
T

tfs

I wear flooring trousers, the brand I preffer is Fristads and I would advise to wear two pairs of pads. I use polyurethane carpet underlay. (not the rubber type, the foam type) They work ideal as you can cut them to the exact size so there is no movement in the pockets. cut the foam twice the length and fold over to the size of the knee pockets, use spray glue to bond the foam pads shut.

At the minute my pads are proper inserts doubled up with the underlay and they are ideal.

G

Graham100

I wear flooring trousers, the brand I preffer is Fristads and I would advise to wear two pairs of pads. I use polyurethane carpet underlay. (not the rubber type, the foam type) They work ideal as you can cut them to the exact size so there is no movement in the pockets. cut the foam twice the length and fold over to the size of the knee pockets, use spray glue to bond the foam pads shut.

At the minute my pads are proper inserts doubled up with the underlay and they are ideal.

That sounds good. Since posting I have given more thought to it and will persevere with inserts. I fit bathrooms and kneel & stand a lot as well as tiling the floors so they are more prcticle than external pads. I had considered making my own inserts and will now give it a try. Thanks.

D

Deleted member 1779

Our main tiler Brian never used knee pads and now his legs are shot and his career is over.

He only tiles for friends and can manage one day only and then he is in agony for a week.

knees.jpg

Too much time doing this (and yes before anyone says it - SAFETY GOOGLES)

The message dont be like him. He is a great tiler but ruined it taking short cuts.

And he would say the same to you as well.

WELL DONE TO EVERYONE WHO USES KNEE PADS AND SAFETY EQUIPMENT.
ITS NOT MACHO TO AVOID THEM. ITS PROFESSIONAL SUICIDE.

Reply to My poor old knees! Kneepad advice please in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views
I received an email about BAL External tile adhesive and grout this morning and thought I'd post...
Replies
Views
Removed old tiles in a bathroom. New 60x30 porcs to go on. Plaster skim came off with odd...
Replies
Views
Waluigi
W
I've had am pro knee pads for years now. Practically made for life, all you need to do is de...
Replies
Views
Unused Account 1
U
O
well if you're like me, prob not!, my quest for the perfect knee pad continues. I spend an...
2 3 4 5
Replies
Views
Blunt Tool
B

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
My poor old knees! Kneepad advice please
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.