UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss my wetroom diary! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

dagger

Hello all,

i had a bad start to today, i forgot my camera!
anyway, i had to go and see another job in the afternoon so i did not get as much done as i would have liked, and i did not have photos of what i had done!!!!

but for the sake of this post on my way back from the quote i grabbed my camera from home and headed off to the wetroom job:

this is the right hand side of the entrance:

rightsidez.jpg

and this is the left hand side:

leftsideakl.jpg

this is the entrance from a wide angle:

allthetrimswide.jpg

and this is the full entrance:

fulldoorway.jpg

as you can see all the doorway is mitred chrome trim and there is chrome trim on all external corners, and although meddling with the tile joins has been a problem.... for £10m2 these tiles look great!

anyway i hope you like it so far and i will put more piccys on tommorrow!

Dagger.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

dagger

I like the Bung for the toilet waste...good idea...:thumbsup:
to be perfectly honest dave it was for the pressure test, i just never removed it, but it does smell nice in there, oddly no stench of poo.

on my next post i am going to say it was all my idea and a plumbers bung is better than a plastic bag covered in gaffer tape!

and dave had absoluty nothing to do with it!!!!!

you will back me up right?

D

dagger

hello all!,

okay so i thought i would spare you all the pictures of me grouting, they could never be interesting!!

anyway, its all complete bar fitting the sanitaryware,
so tis is my second from last post in this thread, i will put up the pictures once it is totally finished!

so here we go:

this is a up close of the drain in the wetroom, neat finish huh?:

drain.jpg

this is a wider shot of the wet area:

envrlopeclose.jpg

and this is the whole wet area:

evelopewide.jpg

and the main floor area:

mainfloorarea.jpg

we also have the the corners and trim:

cornersy.jpg

and a bit closer:

siliconrandtrimupclose.jpg

and the shower end elevation:

frontelevationview.jpg

and the toilet end elevation:

rearelevationview.jpg

as it turns out the guy this post was for originally has not come back to me to rectify his wetroom install, so i guess i was too expensive!
after all he has paid once already!!!
so he may get some guy to redo it and he may not be able to also!
but this has been two weeks in the life of Dagger (on and off!).

Thank you to all of you who commented on this post but also those of you who have just read it!

esp.
Dave, Doug, GGR, Prem.

p.s i will watch my p's and q's in the future Doug!

thanks

Dagger

D

dagger

this diary has been running for a few days and some people may have not seen what pushed me to generate this post in the first place so, here is a picture!

showerenvelope.jpg

i went to see a young couples wetroom installl that they were not happy with what they got, and fired the builder (after offering him a chance to rectify! of course!)
but this is what they got as an ALMOST finished product!"

and heres the other bit:

tankingmembrane.jpg

i have posted this as a way of letting customers kn ow that there is an element of cowboy wetroom installers out there, in order to avoid said individual ask for
1. testimonials.
2. photographic representation.
3. memberships of any trade bodies.

this perticular guy, and i know who he is and where he is, looks professional in the web world and the yellow pages.

but if you are looking for a builder in mitcham se.....be careful!

andy-p

TF
Arms
that was a textbook wetroom fit dagger , the biggest part of the job is preparation and that takes time and time is money and thats why not many wetrooms get installed like yours, you can see peoples jaw dropping when you give them a quote for a wetroom , they dont seem to understand the work involved in the prep and the tanking..
i recently redone a wetroom floor where the tiler had screeded the floor with sand and cement directly onto floor boards, no overboarding or membrane , the whole lot lifted by hand without any cement sticking to the floor at all...
wetrooms are really popular right now and i fit quite a few so it makes you wonder how many disasters are out there waiting to happen..

Reply to my wetroom diary! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a wetroom tray on timber floor. We have an impey shower tray and tanking membrane...
Replies
Views
This is my first time posting, I searched for a similar thread and didn't find much- apologies...
Replies
Views
I am sure someone will know a good practice solution. We started a wetroom last year and then...
Replies
Views
D
Hi all, This forum has been a wealth of knowledge for me while i tackled our new build. A...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 59001
D

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.