Discuss Naughty Dot & Dab! Tiling on Grand Designs in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

Stef

Re: Naughty Dot & Dab!

We will just have to see now stef whats done is done im doing the hallway wd so will advise to use a thicker ply. Thanks for the advise people as always its appreciated

Why use ply?, fix the substrate & use Hardie 250 (6mm) then there's no height issue & it will work out cheaper than ply.
I would always opt for a cement board or similar over ply any day..

S

Stef

And i wanted to fix the chipboard down to the joists but its something i dont know how to do wish i did. Dont know how to find the joists or would you just follow the joints?... only issue with doing that i think would be maybe hitting a pipe tho.

Floors will prob be in at 600 centres, look for a line of nails along the centre of the sheet & that's the joist.
Normally there should be minimum bounce on the floor & overboard with 6mm Hardie, glued & screwed, it's not always the case..

M

Marksmithtiling

Teabag, you have spent hours on here researching asking questions,then you tell everyone you are using thin ply to overboard,and have to ask if this is ok. Then to state you don't know how to screw down the chipboard to the joists??? Really? I suggested a while back you put up some pictures of your work so we could see what sort of job you can do.not seen any yet.............

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed

Yes cam just wanted to "talk tiling" if you know what i mean thats all... i was advised i shouldnt and since then havnt mate. Ive posted pics before and they got slated wasnt the worst tiling and most importantly my tiling is safe. What did i do ali lol? I was just joking in the last post nothing bad was inteded to come across.

On the job you posted pictures of you used hardie250 boards. Sowhy not on this one?

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Naughty Dot & Dab! Tiling on Grand Designs in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi there - I’m hoping to get some advice. I’m a builder, based in Melbourne, Australia. I’ve...
Replies
Views
Matthew7
M
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Grouting my shower walls in a few days. I tried to do everything by the book, which I did. Water...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi, I recently purchased my first property and the existing kitchen floor porcelain tiles were...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB