Guest viewing is limited

Tiling Tool Suppliers

We recommend a couple of the best tiling tool suppliers, Pro Tiler Tools and Trade Tiler

Both supply the best tiling tool supplies, cutter makes, tile trims etc.

Discuss Need New Manual Cutter in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com.

S

Stef

Looking to purchase a new cutter, Which one though?

We are half way through 35m2 of 600mm x 600mm polished porcelain & i need to wet cut the lot.

We tried our 2 cutters 60 & 60+ but tile is just too hard, (i know these arent good for porc)

Im a Rubi man so was looking at the TX700/900N but iv been reading up on the pros & cons of other cutters also, Sigma, Montolit or Tomecanic.

What do you guys think? Any help would be great.

R

Rich

The TX is a brilliant cutter, couldn't recommend it enough but it is a lot of pennies. I have always been a Rubi man but I have just bought myself a Montolit and I am very very impressed with it.

To be honest, I think when you get to the really high quality cutters like the TXs, the sigmas and the montis, it really comes down to price and how you like the cutter personally as they all cut very very well.

S

Stef

I read back Gall B's post about the Tomecanic, i quiet fancy that but as im that used to a Rubi i dont know how i would get on with the single rail.

Rich, im not worried about the price i want a cutter that will work good on hard porcelain.

I tiled my own toilet floor with 600x600 porcelain & my ts60 cut them no problem, they werent too hard but the tiles we are using just now (Marco Polo, E-stone) are just so hard, I nearly lost my hand cutting them with the Dewalt on saturday as i didnt notice it running out of water & it dragged the table right under the blade. too close!!

Im not sure what cutter to buy but im going for a new 1 this week. cheers

M

Mike

How do you get on with the single rail? Heard conflicting advice about not seeing the marks & the line of site.
it's easy after a bit of practice, i just eye the cut line paralell with the rail then lock the swivel bar, make sure the near cut line is dead zero on the measuring bar then scribe and break. it really is as easy as that. diatech in perth stock them but i guess it's too far for you to go try one, maybe someone closer to you on here may let you try theirs.

R

Rich

The single rail thing is a load of rubbish if you ask me. As I said, I have just gone over to a monti after years of using Rubi and was expecting a real pain in the back side. It is different to use but its a piece of cake and cuts like a monster!

I really done think you will be disappointed with either the TX or the monti (I haven't used the sigma). But if you like Rubi and are happy to pay out for a TX then you certainly will not look back and regret it, it really is a good cutter.

S

Spud

rubi Tx is a good cutter if you get a series 2 the series 1 tx cutter wasnt built that well I looked at the tx 1500 in n and c in southgate this morning and to be honest the build quality looked good but I wouldnt buy one as i am not convinced that it has the breaking power needed ,the aluminium side rails attached dont look strong enough to me to stop the bars bending when breaking pressure is applied ,I may be wrong but I have had a bad experience with my tx 1200n not being able to snap tiles on the diagonal so my opinion is the series 2 tx 700 is great as is the series 2 tx 900

J

jwatson

if you buy the monti or tomecannic, you will at very least be imune from the rubi, sigma war :hurray:
Looking to purchase a new cutter, Which one though?

We are half way through 35m2 of 600mm x 600mm polished porcelain & i need to wet cut the lot.

We tried our 2 cutters 60 & 60+ but tile is just too hard, (i know these arent good for porc)

Im a Rubi man so was looking at the TX700/900N but iv been reading up on the pros & cons of other cutters also, Sigma, Montolit or Tomecanic.

What do you guys think? Any help would be great.

Reply to Need New Manual Cutter in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi people, i am new to the trade and i am looking to buy a manual tile cutter at my training i...
Replies
Views
Renserve
R
Hi Peeps, I'm new to this site but been in the game a looooong time :) Looking to purchase a new...
Replies
Views
Hello all, Joined the forum to hopefully read and pick up advice on tackling some home tiling...
Replies
Views
Hi all need a new cutter disc for my small grinder is the montolit txh115 superior to ATS turbo...
Replies
Views
Hello! I am new here but I have been reading a lot about manual tile cutters on the forum. I am...
Replies
Views
L

Popular Tile Cutter Threads

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Need New Manual Cutter
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters)
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Kerakoll

Votes: 6 6.9%
  • Ardex

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Mapei

Votes: 22 25.3%
  • Ultra Tile

Votes: 13 14.9%
  • BAL

Votes: 27 31.0%