Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Neil walked? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

diamondtiling

Neil has worked with me for two years then decided he wanted to go into the army, he lasted 9 months and was out. He called me after a week.
He walked off the job today because I dont pay him enough....he comes out with £220 a week, he is 20. I know we work some long days but we also finish early sometimes, I regularly buy him breakfast and let him use the van all the time............cant believe it!

He rang an hour ago and said he wants £350 per week.....I told him to get stuffed, then his Mum rang and said he was upset and he wished he had not walked of the job and could I take him back?

I said no......was I right because I feel as though I am.

:mad2:

O

Olz

Stand your ground, a tantrum, walking off site leaving you in the poo a man down rewarded by a £70 pay rise, - what sort of message does that send him, throw another tantrum next week and another £70 pay rise because you did it this week?

If he does it 5 times he'll have his £350 a week.

If he had come to you and negotiated a pay rise then fair enough.

Maybe take him back but tell him times are hard, credit crunch and all that, and your going to have to cut his pay to keep him.

D

diamondtiling

neil needs to grow up dom imo, how many 20 year olds just now have apprenticeships that pay 14.5 k a year and get to use the van and get bacon butties from there gaffers every day? not many,if he had a dispute he should have aproached you and discussed it not walk off the job your quite right

I got back to the job and he had disappeared, Rang him loads of times but no answer. He left mixed addy that had set, my cutters were just left for anyone to pinch, he is such a good worker, I dont understand why someone would just do one??

D

diamondtiling

he's 20 Dom. do you remember being 20? :smilewinkgrin:

Yes I do Liz...........£27.50 per week and never a day off.

I think its his new girlfriend to be honest, she is 30 with 3 children from 3 different fathers and she wears the boots and trousers and hat. After seeing her for the first time she would never get a job in Gooners Carlsberg thread. "MOOOOO!!!"

:ban:

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Neil walked? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

L
I would like some advise. We booked a tiler for a new build with quite a lot of work to be done...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, With a kitchen renovation, Mrs choose the white mirror quartz floor tiles from a...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hello. Can I take your advice please? Our groundworks company are refusing to guarantee their...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Neil walked?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.