Discuss New Diyer in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Simon Bettison

Thanks for the encouragement! After 20 years of DIY I feel like I'm finally getting (almost) semi-competent!

I'm interested to know why you guys would pack out the recess? Everything I read said cut edges everywhere and never butt up tiles, is this the one exception that proves the rule? was gonna do the recess in metro too but I'm starting to think mosaics (I know how predictable!) might look ok...

S

Simon Bettison

Floor primed ready for UFH..

IMG_0332.JPG

Cable in...

IMG_0339.jpg

And level...

IMG_0340.JPG

Tile's gone down under furniture just so i can get it plumbed back in before the wife and kids get back!

IMG_0347.JPG

Heres a silly question. Do I great first then silicon the corners, or the other way round. Or doesn't it make much difference?

B

bcd-87

Floor primed ready for UFH..

View attachment 79447

Cable in...

View attachment 79448

And level...

View attachment 79449

Tile's gone down under furniture just so i can get it plumbed back in before the wife and kids get back!

View attachment 79450

Heres a silly question. Do I great first then silicon the corners, or the other way round. Or doesn't it make much difference?

Looking good mate,put a dust sheet on that tray.. that could be a expensive accident trust me

P

p4ulo

I'm interested to know why you guys would pack out the recess? Everything I read said cut edges everywhere and never butt up tiles, is this the one exception that proves the rule? was gonna do the recess in metro too but I'm starting to think mosaics (I know how predictable!) might look ok...

Simply just to remove the two thin cuts you took out of the bottom row of tiles. They won't be butted up, I imagine you'll be putting a trim around it to tidy up the edge?
Dunno ref Mosaics inside the niche mate, personal choice so do what you fancy. I would tile the insides of the niche in Metro, and just the back of the box in Mosaic. That way if you don't like it, you can easily metro over the top of the Mosaics in the back and it will be fine......?

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to New Diyer in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

T
Not a question, but a suprising observation of an illusion! My next task has been to come up...
Replies
Views
bcd-87
B
diy dos on bbc 1 now. Awesome tiling throughout and used them in living room too. Take note of...
Replies
Views
Tiling Courses at The DIY School in Manchester enable men and women who have little or no...
Replies
Views
L
Hello there, signed up after trying to do some research on constructing a new shower in our...
Replies
Views
DIY Tiling Forum | Do-It-Yourself DIY Tiling Click the link to visit the DIY Tiling Forum.
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB