Search the forum,

Discuss New Good Morning Thread 2024 in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com.

Lou

Admin
Staff member
Esteemed
Staffordshire
Morning All!

I thought it was about time to start a new Good Morning Thread. The old thread can be found HERE but is quite long so not as easy to find specific posts.

So tell us what you are up to - we like being nosy whether you are starting a new project or you have the day off lets hear about it! Feel free to add photos!

Today I am hoping to get some work done before running a couple of errands!

What is on your agenda? Any nice tiling work on?

Last edited by a moderator:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Morning all.

Just had breakfast at the establishment (Weatherspoons) next to the Award Winning Queens Gardens, Newcastle (Under Lyme) not the one up near @Dave :innocent:

Free coffee all day now so we'll see how this goes. Need stay on the coffee not the pop lol There are a number of, let's say morning drinkers, not drunks, having alcoholic slurps already. Don't know how they do it.

Anyway, I'm screwing around with all the ads again this week and next so they may pop up in random places the odd time while I then calm them down.

Last edited:

Lou

Admin
Staff member
Esteemed
Staffordshire
Here are the Queens Gardens complete with statue of Queen Victoria and banners celebrating 850 years of the town.

No flowers yet though but looks like they are planting some!

20240221_105254.jpg

Finally above freezing, on our spring roller coaster. We just had snow a few days ago. Lol I was hoping to start playing with my door but my son and grandkids, dropped in for the afternoon. Going to try again tomorrow. Making a dutch door. Still have to grout a small half wall of tile. Can't even imagine what kids 3 to 7 years old would do with wet grout

Lou

Admin
Staff member
Esteemed
Staffordshire
Finally above freezing, on our spring roller coaster. We just had snow a few days ago. Lol I was hoping to start playing with my door but my son and grandkids, dropped in for the afternoon. Going to try again tomorrow. Making a dutch door. Still have to grout a small half wall of tile. Can't even imagine what kids 3 to 7 years old would do with wet grout
Oh no I can imagine they get it EVERYWHERE!! Would love to see some pics of your door and tile.

I have just realised it is EASTER this weekend - which means in the UK Good Friday and Easter Monday are public holidays! I have created a thread for Easter chat here

Oh no I can imagine they get it EVERYWHERE!! Would love to see some pics of your door and tile.

I have just realised it is EASTER this weekend - which means in the UK Good Friday and Easter Monday are public holidays! I have created a thread for Easter chat here
Just finished cleaning out rotted wood. Contemplating what filler to use on my door.

Attachments

• IMG_20231016_001004 (1).jpg
    222.1 KB · Views: 23

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Morning tiler's
Clutch just went on my van
Good start to the day
Oh what a nice start to the week!!! You doing a rental while it's in garage? What make and year is it matey, need a hand finding a clutch for it online?

Edit: although eBay would take another week arrive it's gone terrible now on there! So maybe go with whatever basic clutch the garage suggests like. Was just going try save a penny or two but the time renting too offset it doesn't make sense at all. Just worked it out in my head on even 36 quid a day van 5 or 6 days there's your clutch paid for lol may as well get the clutch even if its 350 its still cheaper than a 150 one on ebay like. You get me? Ha

Reply to New Good Morning Thread 2024 in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Suggestion
I spend some time in doorways. TJ's Doorway Mosaics for McKenzie Shop Front
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement