Discuss New Jobs thread? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

I have a little time on my hands this morning and while drinking my coffee I was browsing the threads. I noticed a new job posting for a motorcycle showroom, being into my bikes I had a look and was slightly shocked that the thread was currently being viewed by 1 member and 20 guests?

Does this mean that job could potentially be carried out by an anonymous guest?

I'm not complaining as this particular job is a bit far away for me, just curious as the members could miss out on a good job, or the customer could end up with a cowboy (thinking it was a member) :yikes:

Have I missed something?

D

Deleted member 9966

Hi Sean,

the new jobs thread has always been in a public forum. If the motorcycle showroom that are looking for tilers do their homework, they can easily find out whether the tradespeople they are talking to are members of this forum or not. It's probably worth bearing in mind that the showroom won't just be looking on here for the right tradespeople, so there might be more competition for the job than we are even aware of.

So yes, potentially the job could be carried out by an anonymous guest. And no, you haven't missed anything.

Liz

D

Deleted member 9966

well currently there's 19 registered members on the forum, and 306 guests :yikes: so yes, there's always a chance of work going to non members.

thankfully a lot of those guests are just people passing through looking for information on other things and not necessarily tradespeople on the job hunt. if you click on Quick Links along the small menu bar at the top, that takes you to the pages where it lists the people who are online, including the guests. Occasionally I have a nosey through the pages to see what threads and topics people are looking at. I don't often see people looking in the job offering forum.

M

Mike

I would like the jobs to go to bonefide members of the forum but if the jobs were put in the Arms , how would these people wanting tilers see it themselves ?
providing the 'posting' was put in the arms by a moderator the customer won't need to read the thread as they'll receive p.m. s off the tiler's arms members. with the jobs being viewed by anyone(as they are at present) it give's the cowboys and jobbers more of a chance to take work/undercut the genuine tilers

Reply to New Jobs thread? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Posted a couple of times for advice a few weeks back, the outcome of which was to scrap my plan...
Replies
Views
Welcome to the International Tile Advice Forum. This is the Australian tile forum category for...
Replies
Views
I wonder if any one can give me some advice. I live in a fairly new build house that was built 8...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm relatively new to tiling, and have begun offering it as a service alongside my existing...
Replies
Views
Hi all I also forgot to introduce my self so I thought I had better say hello to you all and...
Replies
Views
Time's Ran Out
T

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Essex

Thread Information

Title
New Jobs thread?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.