Discuss New mitre saw in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

SandyFloor

This is my saw I use for hardwood flooring and skirting/architraves. It's a DeWalt DW777. It's an eight inch slider and the bars slide inside the saw body so when closed hardly uses any room. If you look at the back it has a three way dust extraction port ( I think only two DeWalt saws have it and some Festool saws) and is very effective so I can use it indoors. The dust extractor has a power take off socket so it switches on and off with the saw. I think the current price of the saw is about £330.

16022011030.jpg 16022011031.jpg

C

Colour Republic

This is my saw I use for hardwood flooring and skirting/architraves. It's a DeWalt DW777. It's an eight inch slider and the bars slide inside the saw body so when closed hardly uses any room. If you look at the back it has a three way dust extraction port ( I think only two DeWalt saws have it and some Festool saws) and is very effective so I can use it indoors. The dust extractor has a power take off socket so it switches on and off with the saw. I think the current price of the saw is about £330.

View attachment 23523 View attachment 23522

:lol: that's my old one!

I got the stand free with it but the 3 port extractor I had to buy as an extra, about £20/30 I think. Did yours come with it?

C

Colour Republic

Nope...bought it online ...thing about £20. Stand came with the saw. The saw is ideal for what I want but I've never really put it to the test on accuracy. How did you find it?

When it was new I loved it but found there was just to much play in the housing to be spot on, the blade could wobble side to side by 1-2mm so mitres would never be 45 dead.

I think i'll keep it for stud work and laminate floors, not that i've done any laminate floors in a couple of years come to think of it!

I'm surprised that it's still that sort of money as I think I paid £330 about 8 years ago for it... maybe even a bit longer, with that in mind I might see how much I can get some spares for it and do a mini refurb

T

tfs

As promised, just giving you guys a wee update on how Im finding the performance of this saw.

So far I have used the saw for some framing, skirting facings and oak flooring. The saw cuts true each time. The only issues I have had has been when I have been joining up skirting on along straight walls but this is due to timber having a slight bow rather than the saw itself. The fact that the saw tilits to both left and right has been very handy for cuting a splice when joining the two straights of skirting.

The blade I got with the saw glides through hardwoods. I installed approx 8 sqm of oak flooring and this proved to be a pice of cake and again accurate cuts every time.

I have cut some wider boards also when fitting window cills etc at around 250mm the slide mechanism is very handy for this type of stuff.

The saw has the abilty to cut up to 60 degree mitres at one side although I have not had the need to use this feature yet.

My only criticism would be that the laser pointer is way of square and I have not had the time to play about with this to try and get it true.

It is still a big heavy saw so isnt the best for small jobs but if you have a reasonable amount of cutting to do then it would be ideal. The only additional accesories I would reccomend would be a table or bench to sit the saw on and perhaps roller stands (unless you buy a table that incorporates these)

Overall I would say it is a good saw and deffo value for money. I would have no worries in reccmending this saw to anyone.

I still feel dissapointed that I didnt get the Dewalt DW717XPS but I look forward to buying this as my next saw:lol: the Dewalt would be a good buy if you can afford to spend an extra £200:thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to New mitre saw in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I’m after a new hand held wet & dry saw cos my dewalts had it, and been looking at the...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I hope you are keeping well. Need a bit of advice on which tool is best to cut the...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, i took some jobs as a contractor for some MC Donald's restaurants but i find it quite...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
New mitre saw
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.