Guest viewing is limited

Tiling Tool Suppliers

We recommend a couple of the best tiling tool suppliers, Pro Tiler Tools and Trade Tiler

Both supply the best tiling tool supplies, cutter makes, tile trims etc.

Discuss New tile cutter chipping tiles. in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com.

If your Ford focus breaks down you take it back to the dealer not ford motor company .
Thanks for your comment.
The responsibility ultimately is with the manufacturer under the Sales of Goods Act. Your Ford Focus is guaranteed for several years; if your dealer goes bankrupt in the meanwhile, you can still go straight back to the manufacturer if the fault is a manufacturing one. There is endless correspondence in Which? on this matter. Responsibility is ultimately with the manufacturer

Has the person who sold you the goods gone bankrupt . Don't they say in which your first point of call is the retailer?
Thanks for feedback
Correct, the first port of call is always the retailer. I've tried them and they cannot/will not help (they deal in remaindered or bankrupt stock so I doubt they even had another machine to swap with mine). If the retailer cannot help then you can go back to the manufacturer. Except, in this case, you can't. What sort of reputation would Ford have if it behaved similarly?
It's maybe also worth noting that this Norton Clipper comes with no specified guarantee (3 months, 6 months, a year??). The manual states 'Guarantee can be claimed and technical support obtained from your local distributor, where machines, spare parts and consumables can be ordered as well'. Except, in the UK, you can't. Early on in this saga, when I did succeed in contacting S-G UK, I was fobbed off with 'We don't help directly. Try our agents, CTD or Jewsons'. As reported earlier, my local CTD had barely heard of Norton (they had a fancy Rubi display, though!). When I persisted, my emails to S-G UK suddenly became 'undeliverable'.

I reckon if they can't help you as they are still there I reckon you are entitled to a refund . As regards guarantee it has to be fit for purpose or of merchandise quality. So no guarantee is bs

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, you are correct. Any item must function at least for a while, guarantee or no guarantee. In this case, however, getting a full refund would have involved posting back an extremely large and heavy item at my expense (the biggest kit box in my workshop!).

Meanwhile all I wanted was to cut tiles......

I have managed to get this thing working (a nut splitter to get the jammed nut off and a 12mm metric die to recut the spindle thread that was burred over at the manufacturing stage; machine still needs an undamaged flange washer and spanner, but it can now actually cut tiles), so this part of the forum is really a warning to others who may be considering buying a Norton tile cutter.

So the lesson here is if you want any form of backup buy from an authorised dealer/supplier.

Yep, that's the lesson. Always buy from an authorised dealer; and you've never, ever, bought a bargain from an unauthorised dealer?

Has anyone out there ever got any Norton spares (for a machine such as this) from an authorised dealer?

Even the Norton manual encourages users to go straight back to S-G if they have a problem with getting spares. Well, I tried (perfectly happy to pay for the spares); and it doesn't work.

This afternoon, the 'unauthorised dealer' from whom I bought this machine gave me a £39 rebate, as a goodwill gesture.

Last edited:

Reply to New tile cutter chipping tiles. in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I’m after a new hand held wet & dry saw cos my dewalts had it, and been looking at the...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, i took some jobs as a contractor for some MC Donald's restaurants but i find it quite...
Replies
Views
Hi there, long time lurker, first time poster. I’ve recently moved in to a new build property...
Replies
Views
Good Morning,new member here, been in the game 25 years, but never too old to learn stuff. I...
Replies
Views
I searched but did not find an answer. I been advised to get a wet tile cutter, I plan to cut...
Replies
Views

Popular Tile Cutter Threads

Advertisement

Staffordshire (Tamworth)

Thread Information

Title
New tile cutter chipping tiles.
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters)
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Kerakoll

Votes: 6 6.9%
  • Ardex

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Mapei

Votes: 22 25.3%
  • Ultra Tile

Votes: 13 14.9%
  • BAL

Votes: 27 31.0%