Discuss New tiler says hi in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

C

Chrismarsh

Hi I'm Chris marsh from st.helens, merseyside, I'm on the verge of sole trading as cm ceramics, my work quality and speed are good and I already have some happy family/friend customers who are very pleased with my work and the family/mates rates too. My only worry is what am I worth in the real world to the average customer, I don't want to appear too expensive or even cut myself short. Can anyone give me a guide. £££???

T

Time's Ran Out

:welcome: Chris - as advised fixing prices are not discussed in the Open Forum area and you have to have a few posts in before you get entry to the Tilers Arms for this discussion.
However you will soon find out when you go out to estimate if you get the job what your up against, but remember it's not just price. You have overheads to cover and a standard to achieve so forget about the mates rates and remember if you are now charging - it's a professional service and as such you need insurance, pay tax, and allow for your pension and holidays.
Enjoy.

T

Time's Ran Out

Thanks guys, il prob do two calculations m2 and day rate dependant on the job layout, Works coming in so il get used to it soon enough.

Got friends just along the road from you in Rainford - nice flat bit of the area.
Good luck with the tiling and stay tuned to Tilers Forum its the best around for everything, but you only get out what you put in.
John.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to New tiler says hi in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I have enjoyed a vast difference in tiling work this year. I am just finishing a wet room -...
Replies
Views
Aston
A
T
This is the greatest forum in the world EVER..... [Now thats the arse kissing out the way] I do...
Replies
Views
ExplodingPudding
E
S
Hi again, after a little advice regarding a tiler I've just used to help speed up the project...
Replies
Views
M
Hi guys, basically I'm enquiring to see if anyone of you's would be interested in an...
Replies
Views
bcd-87
B
J
Hi, I'm currently a desk based engineer but don't particularly enjoy it and would much prefer...
Replies
Views
J
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB