Discuss Tilers decision - easy and fast or difficult and slow? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Somerset
Finishing off other tilers work - not something I generally agree to do, but in photo below, the walls had been tiled by a "professional tiler" except - no tiles around the circular window ("cant do circular cuts like that missus"); no tiles around the fan ("tiler kept having cigarette breaks and didn't finish the job"); and no tiles on bottom row and on boxed in sections ("tiler said the builder would sort that out"). So I agreed to sort that out after finishing the kitchen floor ("cant do cuts around that type of manhole luv" - second photo).

Clearly too many tilers who cannot be bothered with anything remotely challenging (sorry Andy Allen - this job was in your neck of the woods - Stroud. I should have sent them to you really).

WP_20160208_002.jpg WP_20160208_005.jpg

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
Finishing off other tilers work - not something I generally agree to do, but in photo below, the walls had been tiled by a "professional tiler" except - no tiles around the circular window ("cant do circular cuts like that missus"); no tiles around the fan ("tiler kept having cigarette breaks and didn't finish the job"); and no tiles on bottom row and on boxed in sections ("tiler said the builder would sort that out"). So I agreed to sort that out after finishing the kitchen floor ("cant do cuts around that type of manhole luv" - second photo).

Clearly too many tilers who cannot be bothered with anything remotely challenging (sorry Andy Allen - this job was in your neck of the woods - Stroud. I should have sent them to you really).

View attachment 84765 View attachment 84766

It's OK mate ....you can keep it !!
As it's not a metro kitchen or herringbone it's beneath even me...:)

BTW.... I don't smoke !!

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Tilers decision - easy and fast or difficult and slow? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi. I'm relatively new to tiling, and have begun offering it as a service alongside my existing...
Replies
Views
D
If you are "up north" in Harrogate or around then why not swing by the Tiling Show. Its the...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 1779
D
Hi all, Posted this a while ago now and found John at timeless tiling who's a top lad and has...
Replies
Views
Time's Ran Out
T
J
Hi, First time posting. Looking for local tiler for the following project. Retail fit out...
Replies
Views
JG Shopfitting
J
S
hi ive just found this site trawling internet for advice re a tiling job im having done at the...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB