Discuss New type Sealux trim longevity in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

j3ff

Hi all,

just wondering if anyone can comment on the lifespan of the newer type of sealux trim shown here ?http://www.waterproofingshowers.com/pdf_files/bridging_wall_ledge_movement_joints.pdf

It does seem on paper to look ok but having used and long since given up on the older style homelux/sealux type of bath seals I am interested in what you guys think. Found the older seals to be so-so at best and looking pretty shabby after a few years so I guess I'm pretty sceptical about the newer seals.

Considering using the newer sealux trim as a transition from wall (which will be tanked with a membrane) to shower tray joint. I like the idea of it letting any trapped moisture escape which obviously can't happen when the joint is just silicone. Not so keen on the bottom joint being grouted though. Seems like this is likely to break up and fall out in time.

Any thoughts greatly appreciated

many thanks
jeff

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to New type Sealux trim longevity in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi, apologies if this has already been covered before but I couldn't find anything in the forum...
Replies
Views
  • Article
If you've been on any of the Goldtrowel Tiling Courses then please leave feedback and reviews in...
Replies
Views
Q
Hello, I'm just setting out the plan to tile my bathroom and would like some advice on these...
Replies
Views
quantasm
Q
A
Hi all Am new to this, just had my en-suite ripped out and replaced, tiles are floor to...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
New type Sealux trim longevity
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.