Guest viewing is limited

Tiling Tool Suppliers

We recommend a couple of the best tiling tool suppliers, Pro Tiler Tools and Trade Tiler

Both supply the best tiling tool supplies, cutter makes, tile trims etc.

Discuss New wet cutter in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com.

S

Stan001

thats why i love my plastplugs, cos i can use it indoors. I place it on an old black and decker workmate and she hardly splashes. I have a waterproof dustsheet underneath. Dont know about you guys but going in and out of a customers house is a pita too, especially up and down the stairs. So i recon its best to keep the wet cutter indoors if you can. I still dont know how these wet cutter guys get away with churning out leaky designs - i wouldnt buy one.

S

Stan001

kev - i dont know what blade you are running but of its the original blade junk it or just use it for thin ceramics. Replace the blade with a good quality dedicated tile blade and your plasplugs becomes twice the cutter - a really great machine for the money. The diameter isnt really the issue (in fact its good for plunge cutting) its the edge of the cutting wheel - even many of the diamond blades are still not great for hard tile - i guess there's diamond and diamond. try it if you havent done it yet, you'll be surprised.

beanz

TF
Berkshire
I rarely use my Plasplugs indoors, as it still fires out quite a bit of water.

One option though would be to get a galvanised tray, or even a plastic tray for the bottom of dog cages (you can buy them from Welcome to Barjo — Barjo - Dog Guards, Cages and Accessories I can't find them on the website, but if you phone them they definitely sell them. The also make Galv trays to order but aren't cheap), drill a hole in one corner, and place on bath panel with a bucket underneath. :thumbsup:

D

DHTiling

The rubi cutter you have been looking at is a very good cutter and a lot more power than any plasplugs cutter....that rubi has a 1.2hp motor and this power is better for cutting thicker stone tiles..

And again like most rubi tools available from Tradetiler..

Rubi ND 200

http://www.**************/acatalog/nd200web.jpg
Although Rubi make some smaller flat bed saws, they are not very powerful. This is the best bet for the professional

• 40 mm depth of cut
  • Stainless steel bed
  • 0 - 45 deg mitre (can cut both sides of wheel)
  • Sliding guide from 0 to 500 mm from wheel
  • Blade guard and stem simply pull out for plunge cutting (to remove sections of the centre of a tile i.e. for sockets)
  • Comes with reasonable quality diamond wheel
  • Motor: 880w.....110 v or 240 v
  • Wheel size - 200mm diameter 25.4mm bore
  • Weight 15 Kg

The diamond wheel that is supplied with this machine is suitable for general ceramics. If you are cutting porcelain, granite marble and travertine etc then the Marcrist CK850 diamond wheel is highly recommended - See our 200mm diamond wheels section.

CHOOSE VOLTAGE BELOW

Video of ND-200 in action

S

Stan001

Is it just me that finds it unacceptable that in general we cant use wet cutters indoors? (don’t know about you guys but our weather is horizontal right now and its dark outside at 4), isn’t it funny we pay top dollar for some decent brand equipment as we are talking about putting our cutters in dog kennel trays (good idea by the way beanz) … I mean aren’t we just the most generous of trades? … do we buy new cars that drip all over our garage floors? Do we buy tellys that you still have to bang on the side to get a good picture? Do we buy washing machines that you have to put a towel under? Or fridges that you need to defrost each week? ….. humm – I don’t think so – but we buy tools from the best tiling tool OEM’s in the world (in the year 2009 – man landed on the moon years ago) and we put them in paddling pools and dog kennels ….. is it me?????

Reply to New wet cutter in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Good Morning,new member here, been in the game 25 years, but never too old to learn stuff. I...
Replies
Views
I searched but did not find an answer. I been advised to get a wet tile cutter, I plan to cut...
Replies
Views
Anybody used rubi nd180 smart ? Just bought the wet cutter from tile giant but i hate it! It...
Replies
Views
Blunt Tool
B
Hi all I am looking to purchase a new wet cutter and after reading the forum it seems the RUBI...
Replies
Views
Unused Account 1
U
Dear TilersForum Thank you so much for the outstanding advice and expert information over time...
Replies
Views

Popular Tile Cutter Threads

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
New wet cutter
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters)
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Kerakoll

Votes: 6 6.9%
  • Ardex

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Mapei

Votes: 22 25.3%
  • Ultra Tile

Votes: 13 14.9%
  • BAL

Votes: 27 31.0%