Discuss new work bus in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
heres the new erm cough cough work bus,ok ok,i got it for diving as well,i was sick of taking my gear in my dusty van,so got a pick up,and give me van to the lad who works for me,he can pick up gear ;)

Attachments

• truck.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 79

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
Cheers people, i loooovvveeee it Its a l200 elegance, full leather full electrics full satnav ,heated seats, its the dogs. I keep my gear in the back its got a flat top on,but if i need owt big it goes in the old van and the lad can drop off. Drove up scotland in it last week to catch an d eat These, great drive and diving 

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=53.591885,-2.648781

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1317642788.316212.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 41
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1317642887.189236.jpg
    175.9 KB · Views: 37
Somerset
I gotta cough to splashing the cash (actually credit or never-never-pay-for-this) for a new tiling office:

reduced size vw van image.jpg

Why?

My old second hand Transit kept breaking down (4 times in 4 years - try explaining to customer, er sorry not gonna do your work today cos I broke down....). It drank diesel. Repairs cost £2000 in 2 years (try £350 just for 1 diesel injector - its a Ford for goodness sake!!) And it was rusting. I mean I had to flog it to an online trader cos no one with half an ounce of sense would buy a van with rusting spring hangers - and it was just 5 years old..

So I did my sums - the cost of buying the van, with 3 years breakdown cover, 4 years free servicing, 3 year warranty, galvanised panels, fitted accessories, folding mirrors and rear parking sensors (guess what I kept damaging in the old van!) - 2 1/2 days work per month. That suddenly began to make a lot of sound economic sense.

And i love Volkswagens.

:hurray:

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
just out of interest widler and Stewart, what's the length of the pick -up bed on your models? I got the older (square style) because I was told the bed was longer on them.

not massive doug,its about 5ft,going off the size of the canopy i bought last week

was looking at a black truck stewart,but it went for to much(or over what i was looking at spending ;) )

seems like a good truck,i aint had a new(ish) van for 7 years now,thought i may as well splash out,i been holding off for 2 years thinking i will prob go quite,but we still busy,although getting sick of 60day payments,but thats another thread:mad2::thumbsdown:

Reply to new work bus in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi people I'm in desperate need of advice So my builder who I let go due to poor work has...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
  • Suggestion
Topps Tiles in-store or online - Genuine Feedback, Positive or Otherwise. I used to work in a...
Replies
Views
Hello. Can I take your advice please? Our groundworks company are refusing to guarantee their...
Replies
Views
I’m halfway through tiling a shower cubicle at home. First time doing any tiling. I’ve used...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

widler

Esteemed
Arms
TF
England
Business Name
Troll Ltd

Thread Information

Title
new work bus
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.