Discuss Newish (2years) Tiler - How Do You Guys Do It?? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

Spare Tool

Well someone's got to say it...trade rubi in for a sigma ;)
Can't remember last time i saw a bath level enough to start with a full tile on it, and even if level they've all got a slight curve on em, i always start with the lowest row of tiles from floor off batton and work round and up to the bath, batton out above bath then cut into bath once walls above gone off, but hey apparently I'm behind the times for even using battons, stafs and datum lines ;)

S

Spare Tool

Which one do you use buddy? Iv always been a bit weary of laster levels that project round the room.
I normal work in small areas and worry about knocking it over. A few people rave about them.
Its a fat max with the pole, £120 from Screwfix, I only use it to put the datum round the room then take the pole down, then every batton is set off the staff and datum, its impossible not to line up your corners up, just keep the laser unit in the room for vertical alignments, like full tile up side of a window or boxing etc

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Newish (2years) Tiler - How Do You Guys Do It?? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Wall & Floor Tiler Queensland Australia Tile Right About the role Seeking a Wall & Floor Tiler...
Replies
Views
These are kitkats on a mesh backing. Not entirely sure how the tiler has managed to do this...
Replies
Views
Hello, after watching so many instructional videos and planing, I just can't understand how to...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am looking for some advice on how to set out my tiles. I think I have a solution but...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB