Discuss News of the World in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Stewart

If the allegations are true about the News of the World tapping the phones of the Soham parents and now the families of soldiers killed in Afganistan I hope other companies will follow Ford's lead and stop advertising in the paper and that the public will stop buying it. If you agree please pass it on.

I think those responsible should be punished to the full extent of the law. But if no one buys it or advertises in it, then it will go out of business and 1000's will loose their jobs, who have had nothing to do with the scandle in the first place.

C

Colour Republic

I think those responsible should be punished to the full extent of the law. But if no one buys it or advertises in it, then it will go out of business and 1000's will loose their jobs, who have had nothing to do with the scandle in the first place.

Which is very sad but it can't excuse what they've done. The media are far to powerful in this country and need taking down a peg or two

G

grumpygrouter

I haven't bought a newspaper for years because of things like this. It isn't new, they have been at it for decades and it is only certain things that get exposed. All the papers are as bad as each other for digging dirt on people just to "bring them down". Time they started doing something constructive by supporting people, companies, governments etc, instead of trying to destroy them all the time!

Last edited by a moderator:
U

user123

I haven't bought a newspaper for years because of things like this. It isn't new, they have been at it for decades and it is only certain things that get exposed. All the papers are as bad as each other for digging dirt on people just to "bring them down". Time they started doing something constructive by supporting people, companies, governments etc, instead of trying to destroy them all the time!

:hurray: well said, Russell!! Same here - the only time we clap eyes on papers is in our local cafe and they used to have papers in there, just stopped it though. But we used to look through while waiting for the food, and and H and I just look at each other across the table and say, good grief, people actually fill their mind with all that junk on a daily basis?? the Sun, NOTW, Daily Mail, the Mirror, all there, often with identical headlines - isn't it strange how the papers across the board are all interested at the same time what different celebrities are doing, who had an affair with whom (who cares? It's their business!) and on it goes, not food for the mind, mind toxins. The invasion of privacy into these poor families is just so low, and just shows the mentality of the people invloved. Murdoch needs to be stopped anyhow, in his media take-over bid, gutter brain with money, what a parasite. Probably a good thing all this is coming to light now.

Phew, that's better..

Last edited by a moderator:
M

mikethetile

this is a valid point, a lot of jobs are in the printing and distrubution side

news of the screws, never read it and never will, it has no interest for me , I dont care which footballer is bonking whose wife. or x factor or any of the other rubbish we are subjected to. but it does provide employment

as for those responsible, send them to goal and send a clear message to other hacks

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
I'd boycott them. I don't buy them anyway so I can't but I would. Yeah sure they employ thousands, but nobody would boycott them to the point of them closing down. It'd just be a few months and people tend to forget I suppose. But it'd hit their pockets enough for them to notice.

And they wouldn't even not do this type of thing again, they'd just keep more quiet about it. From what it seems like, it's a feisty industry and it is a case of whoever get the story sell the most. NOTW have whole teams of people investigating claims. It's those guys that need a good slap for doing this sort of thing.

I think it's disgusting personally.

Pleased to hear Ford pulled out of it though! Niiice.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to News of the World in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

D
US Astronaut Neil Armstrong Dies Aged 82 His family said they were "heartbroken" by his death...
Replies
Views
bugs183
B
G
As you are all aware, a hoax played by 2 Australian DJs has allegedly lead to the death by...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 1779
D
D
As a NON tiler I post this message below without prejudice and without comment. I don't want...
2 3 4
Replies
Views
C
I am in no doubt that our friend Wivers is now flying high! Before a company goes public...
Replies
Views
wivers
W
U
Please please please add your objection to this, for me and all the people of the Northern...
Replies
Views
user123
U

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
News of the World
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.