Discuss Nightmare !!! The Tiler Will Get Over It in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

GAZ5518

TF
Esteemed
Arms
EPSOM
Hi Guys

The room I started today is a bathroom Referb.. Taken back to block work, dot & dabbed then skimmed.. Sounds great .

Any ideas ?

View attachment 76781 View attachment 76782
Me thinks only thing to do is have a small return tiled shelf 9Trimmed) to take out gap which would need to run down the side to accommodate the bath panel.... common mistake made by plumbers (Tiler will get over it)!!

S

SJPurdy

I'm not sure if Iv understood your post ?

Sorry poor post by me.
It is the limited guarantee you are suggesting giving that I am cautioning about.
If you tile something in a way that is not to accepted standards then something goes wrong; it will be the tilers (the professional who should know better) responsibility even if they were doing it in away as instructed by the (non qualified) customer. That is my understanding from reading other posts on this forum.

So my advise would be (assuming no extra boarding or other corrections are going to be made, after pointing out the problem) is to tile the walls correctly with the correct adhesive bed etc so that you can guarantee the tiling part. The tiles to the bath can then presumably be sealed as normal along the long side and tap end, leaving only the gap at the other end to sort out. If this is within the limits of a flexible sealant to seal (with backing support) this is then the correct solution (even if a wide silicone joint is not good aesthetically) as this you can guarantee.
Personally I would silicone a white (Assuming that's the bath colour) tile edge trim (pointing upwards) or a uPVC quadrant over the gap as it is at the "dry" end of the bath.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Nightmare !!! The Tiler Will Get Over It in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hello. First time tiler looking for some advice. Doing a bathroom reno and had a professional...
Replies
Views
I'm redoing our bathroom and looking for some advice on tiling backer boards in relation to the...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. I have a 1940's semi and i have been redecorating my front room, no its my own...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, Please help me. Really having a nightmare here. Just moved into a new house and the...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB