Discuss oh-oh, dead Computer, burning smell... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

Bolter

Beloved PC still at the PC hospital, guy recognized the smell of burned power supply straight away and said USUALLY nothing else like hard drive or other components affected, but won't know "until he has time to look at it" :mad2: oh I hate waiting, big time...He'll give me a ring... hmmpff...

He's right, Id be very very surprised to the point where I would think he was lying if he says the HDD is damaged from the power supply going pop.

Good luck!

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
HDD should be fine no matter what. They click and knock when they go, and you can always still turn on the PC. The fact nothing happens when you hit power suggest it is the power pack. They range from £20 to £80ish. You'd only need the cheaper on I'd have thought. But then any time for the guy to install it or check the rest etc. So I wouldn't be expecting a big bill G.

When processors go you don't smell anything and if you PC has more than one it'll still load but be really slow. And when the motherboard packs in you should still be able to get power but nothing loads on the screen. You may get the BIOS screen load or something like that.

I'd have said it's 100% power pack and I'd also dare say 100% that it's not affected anything else.

U

user123

U

user123

Aaaarrrgghhh!!!! My pc just died again, would you believe it!! Turned itself off this morning, I thought, oh no, not again, manage to restart it, and ten minutes later, dead, nothing, nada, nilch. :nonod: Hubby who's been posititvely saintly just called in my studio to say he's taking it back to the computer repair shop for me, just like that, nice, mega brownie points :) Really could do without the computer hassle right now though...

Reply to oh-oh, dead Computer, burning smell... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

G
Ok so this was my 1st time having wanting to attend for years. Lots of my mates go each year and...
Replies
Views
Gazzer
G

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
oh-oh, dead Computer, burning smell...
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.