Discuss OMG I've done it again.............i dont believe it in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

CJ CERAMICS

some of you may remember that about last july/august time i posted a thread about a football injury i suffered....a broken ankle and snapped ligaments and was told that at the age of 41 the chances were that my ankle would never be strong enough after the operation for me to seriously continue playing football and perhaps i should consider hanging up my boots:thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Anyway on monday evening after my physio i was given the news that my ankle was a lot stronger than they anticipated and i could start playing football again:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:. Started back tonight for the first time since......everything was going great
i had scored 2 goals and was feeling great......anyway i then received a pass on the left and cut inside the full back who made a genuine attempt to tackle me but only managed to catch my let shin as i went passed. This in turn put me off balance causing me to stumble as i hit a right footed shot right into the top corner........or so i was told later......because at the time of the said goal i was laying on the floor wondering why my left kneecap was no longer were it should be and why there was a big bulge on the side of my knee??? Seems that when i stumbled and shot off balance my standing leg twisted, well the top part did but the bottom stayed facing the way it was.....result a dislocated knee no longer in its socket. Very luckily one of the players is a paramedic who very quickly and most painfully popped it back in. Just got back from the hospital were i have had more tests and scans to reveal that luckily the bones are back in the correct place and the only real damage is muscle tears and stretched ligaments. Knee is now the size of a balloon and is strapped up with an iceberg attached to it. Football career is definatley over now:thumbsdown: :mad2::mad2:
oh and i have 2 kitchen floors and 2 conservatorie floors in the next 2 weeks lol
chris

C

Colour Republic

worthless_thread_wo_pics.gif

S

SandyFloor

I did the same to my right ankle about ten years ago and I still use a rocker board now and again to keep the tendons stretched and that's just for every day stuff. It was nothing to do with sport as I was showing off by vaulting over a five foot wall forgetting it was eight foot on the other side.....I'd had a few drinkies. There's very little strength in it still and that was the end of any high impact activities.

I was playing rugby at school and one of my team mates had the same thing happen to his knee. I don't think I've heard more painful screaming since. Some of the guys were nearly sick looking at it.

U

user123

Awwh, that's just not nice is it?
hug2.gif
What a brilliant paramedic, he did well, (understatement!!), not an easy thing to do - deserves a bottle of something. :thumbsup: Get better soon :daisy:

Push??? what an odd choice

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I did the same to my right ankle about ten years ago and I still use a rocker board now and again to keep the tendons stretched and that's just for every day stuff. It was nothing to do with sport as I was showing off by vaulting over a five foot wall forgetting it was eight foot on the other side.....I'd had a few drinkies. There's very little strength in it still and that was the end of any high impact activities.

You use the rocker board? WOW, I'm seriously impressed...everyone should use them as they get older, will help to keep your balance and flexible strength in the legs, well done :thumbsup:

U

user123

whats a rocker board

physio rocker board - Google Search

There are various versions, the round ones being the most demanding and effective, very simple idea, if you have some hardwood and a bit of rubber mat you can make it yourself, but the bought ones are measured for best angles, etc... they are hugely effective, however simple the idea is. We are programmed to balance, but with tarmac roads etc this ability gets lost much earlier than it should, this corrects that. I told ALL my older patients to get one, and USE it, rather it letting gather dust in a corner somewhere, it would reduce falls and back problems and nerve desensation and ankle and leg insuries, can't praise it highly enough. It gives confidence, too, with practice it becomes enjoyable rather than "uh-err, don't like this" and it's surprisingly energising, gets your system firing properly... :thumbsup:

Reply to OMG I've done it again.............i dont believe it in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Bit of a long read......but it made me chuckle a lot. Pocket Taser Stun Gun, a great gift...
Replies
Views
Dougs Third Go
D
T
Ok the saga begins 2 years ago with a call from a client complaining about a crunching sound...
Replies
Views
D
Hi guys, I stumbled across this site at the weekend when searching online for some DIY bathroom...
Replies
Views
White Room
W
S
OK heres the basic story: Back in August i think it was I started a travertine wetroom (you...
2 3
Replies
Views
paul flight
P
should have been starting a new job last thursday, on wed trying to contact my partner to...
Replies
Views
Richard Edwards
R

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
OMG I've done it again.............i dont believe it
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.