Discuss Opinion on this job please. Is this a satisfactory finish? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

D

DHTiling

By the time you make a tiler I will be long dead thank god :prrr:

Steady old man :lol:

men141.gif

T

tuthai

It's certainly not one of his better jobs. He a good builder but yes things went a bit wrong here. However, it's saturday and he's coming to fix it.

He's going to wrap the diamond pattern properly. He's also taking off the externals and mitring them properly. However with the internals he said they can be repaired with a special resin. I'm willing to see how this looks but does such a magical resin exist to fix the issue with the internals you can see in the photos?

- - - Updated - - -

Also how should he go about getting the excess grout off the marble?

Well he's here now. He held his hands up and said it was a sloppy job and he's not happy with it. I appreciated that.

He's going to take it all off, save what dado he can and what he can't save he will order new. The corners will cut with proper mitres by the marble factory.

I'm happy with that. I'm sure it'll look good.
To say he's not happy with it is an under statement he should not have let it get that from day one.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Opinion on this job please. Is this a satisfactory finish? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

We recently finished a bathroom renovation where the two builders who did the bathroom also did...
Replies
Views
Bathroom being refurbished. A load of things have been rushed like some loosely rollered (not...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, i took some jobs as a contractor for some MC Donald's restaurants but i find it quite...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’m not a tiler - which is why I have one in working away on my new kitchen floor! However...
Replies
Views
My mum is having her bathroom fitted and she sent me some photos and my partner pointed out that...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB