Discuss Opions on 3 way mitres in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

T

Time's Ran Out

Instead of mitring the top edge, just cut the back out in a 'v' and bend it around a tile corner to a 90* angle!
Young John and I were initiated into this style of finish 6 years ago in the South of France when we were shown how to do a staircase by the job foreman (Mel a tiler from Northumberland) - when I learn how to put photos on here from my phone I'll show you.
Since we have been using this method of trim finishing it has been exceptionally well received!

T

trevortine

Instead of mitring the top edge, just cut the back out in a 'v' and bend it around a tile corner to a 90* angle!
Young John and I were initiated into this style of finish 6 years ago in the South of France when we were shown how to do a staircase by the job foreman (Mel a tiler from Northumberland) - when I learn how to put photos on here from my phone I'll show you.
Since we have been using this method of trim finishing it has been exceptionally well received!
This method takes me back to 1984 when I built a working model steam engine at school. The housing for the crankshaft was formed in this way then when bent round to form two 90 degrees angles, the joint was brazed to hold in position. I still have it in my garage! Party piece, comes out every tenth birthday!!

T

trevortine

Phil, that's how I do them, very well executed example you have posted! TJ, I'm very intrigued about your method, I just wonder where the straight butted joint would fit on to the curve... Post example please.
Me too!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 107
Q

Qwerty

I personally dont like the look of that. Just puttin me 2 pence in lol.... I think it would look better with another trim butted up on the other side of corner too...

How would you propose to go about doing that then mr tea bag? The trim sits under the tiles, so you won't be able to do that as the other trim (hidden part) will be in the way!!!! The only way of achieving that look would be to use a pencil or box section trim but they are not designed for this

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
you cant do that in the other pics situation tho can you. and I see where you guys are coming from now thanks john appreciated mate :thumbsup:

As CR said you can only achieve this with square trim and you can either mitre the vertical or horizontal corners, I prefer the cubes personally

P

Peter

How far do you cut the V into it John? Sounds like the way forward, those points can be nasty, especially on an external corner of skirting.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Opions on 3 way mitres in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

G
its 11pm and my head is hurting - probably over thinking this.. when you have a three way mitre...
Replies
Views
R
Hello all, Its my first attempt at a 3-way mitre trim like here: I have followed a how-to...
Replies
Views
Qwerty
Q
G
Hi, got three 3 way tile trim points, a window and a boxing, both very visible. White 9mm...
Replies
Views
gobby
G
Have two 3 way mitres to do into my kitchen window/sill 3 courses high into the returns,i am...
Replies
Views
Although I've been a member for a little while I have just started reading through different...
Replies
Views
StevieBoy
S

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB