Discuss Our condolences to Saad in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

U

user123

عندما يأتي الموت لا بد في وقت عيد الميلاد ،
هناك حزن خاص ،
والحداد التي يجب أن مزيج من الفرح ،
ألم يجب أن تكون قصيرة. هناك تحت الكرب
متاهة من ضوء
يتوق إلى الفراغ بسيطة
التفكير في الليل.
ولكن يجب أن الحياة فقاعة في طريقها
وتوضع على السرور ،
لولا حزن ولا فرحة
هو بقي من أي وقت مضى وحده.
ومثل العذراء ، ويجب علينا أن ابتسامة
مع فترة سماح ملغز
كما نتلقى هدية الهشة
ويمكن أن يحل محل أي شيء

Haha, looks impressive, doesn't it... but if you knew the gobbledigook that usually google translate ends up as, Arabic is so very different, not like Italian or French that has roughly the same vocab...... :lol:

The result is not SO bad :) Have seen worse... and people argue about the correct meaning of translations, often over centuries...

'When it comes to death must be rejoicing at the time of birth, there is a special sorrow, and mourning that must be a mix of joy, pain should be short. There under the stress labyrinth of light is eager to vacuum a simple reflection in the night. But we must Life bubble on the way and placed on the pleasure, not for the sadness and the joy he remained ever alone. And Like a Virgin, and we must smile with a grace period enigmatic as we receive gift fragile and can replace anything.'

Last edited by a moderator:
D

DHTiling

OOOPS!!!

it said this>>

There is a special sorrow,
And mourning that must be a mix of joy,
Pain should be short. There are under stress
A maze of light
Longs to a simple vacuum
Thinking at night.
But it must be a bubble in the way of life
And placed on the pleasure,
Not for the grief and joy
Left is ever alone.
Like Virgin, and we must smile
With a grace period enigmatic
As we receive a gift fragile
And can replace anything.

:lol:

Saad, stick with my first post please..

U

user123

Can you write like that G?

Hmm, can I, good question... a few words, a few phrases, that's all as Ican write as yet, speaking is a little easier. I have the writing books to teach me, have filled about three practice pages, and then, well got sidetracked and kind of gave up, to start again WHENEVER!! It's really hard, because the letters look different depending if they are in the beginning, middle or end of a word, or in combination with other letters, or depending how strongly they are pronounced, and as soon as I remembered one or two the previous few options got forgotten. That's what makes it so tough to learn, if you go to France, say, you can learn bits while reading menues etc, or stuff in shop windows, but if you can't read it's tough to learn. On the positive side the vocabulary is much smaller, so lots can be learnt by heart, and the same words and phrases used for loads of situations. And some things really come as a shock, too, I talk with Saad's boys and nieces, in simple English, and because of the culture you can't have conversations about girlfriends or boyfriends, because there is no such thing allowed before marriage, so words like that just don't exist, they are not even allowed to kiss a girl, no matter that Saad and all the family are Christians. It's like the strictest Catholic laws here 80 or so years ago, no sex before or god forbid outside marriage, no divorce (especially for Christians) so the terms like stepmother or step father or second marriage or saying things like 'when I was married before' just don't exist, it's not in their world. fascinating... and I count my blessings about our freedom. At Christmas there are no Christmas decorations anywhere, let alone to buy, Christianity is totally supressed and an ethnic minority there, and churches have to be silent, no church bells allowed, ever - they make a noise other than the Islamic prayers... god we are so so lucky to have the choice and to be able to express whatever we like when we like, by and large. OOps a bit off topic, but I'm sure Saad and family won't mind. His Mum Lynda was an English teacher, and so curious about everything, like they all are...

U

user123

I don't think I'd even attempt to learn it G. A letter looks different depending on whether it's at the start, middle or end, and depending on what letters it's next to?! There must be a good 600+ characters used in their alphabet?!

Hat's off to you for doing the practice pages.

There are fewer letters, and vowels don't really exist either, as they kind of form themselves when you string consonants together, ay it's tough. Started it as a mental challenge - my Grandma got certificates in 5 languages in her 50's and her and me seem kind of similar, speaking Arabic was a bit of an ego buzz, and I really like that family, so speaking their language seemed a good idea initially, but I must admit, consistency in enthusiasm is sporadic at best... trying to learn the tiling language as well!! :lol:

Reply to Our condolences to Saad in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

C
:smile::smile::smile:hi pals, Cassie here again. Thanks for all the great advice you gave us. I...
Replies
Views
T
DIY SOS. Helping people without time or money, in need desperate need to get a project...
Replies
Views
The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R
Bit of a long read......but it made me chuckle a lot. Pocket Taser Stun Gun, a great gift...
Replies
Views
Dougs Third Go
D
U
HI all :) Update on Saad and family - Howard and I both spoke to the boys yesterday, Saad is...
Replies
Views
user123
U

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Our condolences to Saad
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.