UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Overheard in town... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

U

user123

A friend of mine started a group with people posting what they overheard in town, and it's hilarious, thought we could do this here, too. Just some examples (this particular town being Scarborough, seat of the world's intelligencia...) :lol: :

• This isn't our gate - where's the number 8 gone?
  • He stood in the street, drank a whole bottle of vodka, literally passed out and died
  • Batman is a legend
  • Ok if we're doing that, before i start work from home, i go outside, walk around town and walk back into my house like i'm walking into an Office, because then it feels like i'm walking to work.
  • On buying peppers in Morrisons one women was heard to say, "Don't get the yellow ones, I don't trust them."
  • "I'm gonna get her pregnant before Darrell does".
  • My all time favourite, not in Scarborough sadly but I have to share. I passed a couple, talking. Something about the guy's face made me wonder what was wrong. Was she imparting bad news? I couldn't tell. Then they passed and I overheard her say "so it turned out she had a prolapsed uterus". That expression was man-to-man: "help me".
  • "I've been bitten by a spider"
    "How do you know it's not a wasp?"
    "I know, they're different. I've got a sixth sense when it comes to wasps"
  • Nah I can't go Tuesday, I'm in court.
  • I didn't shag her, she shagged me.
  • ...someone committing suicide in the street and a random bloke in the background washing his hair....
  • Hey babe, come have a taste.
    Nah, i don't like vanilla
  • A family group .. man, woman, pushchair, toddler, maybe others. Said loud enough for me to hear over the wind and on the other side of the street:
    "It wouldn't crap on me mum's street, and it wouldn't crap on Debbie's street either"
    "What?"
    "It wouldn't crap on me mum's street, and it wouldn't crap on Debbie's street either"
    "Oh, well let's see what happens at the end of this street"
If you hear anything good, let's have it!

D

doit4u

Experienced rather than overheard. Some years ago was working in Ireland - pre Euro -went to the local supermarket but didn't have a punt for the trolley. Saw a couple returning theirs so asked the woman if I could give her two fifty pences for her trolley. She said OK, parked the trolley got her pund out and swopped it for my 2 x 50p. Even her husband was left shaking his head as they walked away

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Overheard in town... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

My mum is having her bathroom fitted and she sent me some photos and my partner pointed out that...
Replies
Views
C
Hi all Hoping for some opinions on how to handle an ongoing issue in having with my tiler He...
Replies
Views
Just revisited a lady I originally quoted to tile a bathroom for about 6 weeks ago. She decided...
Replies
Views
C
I'm almost lost for words!!!!! Last weekend I went to see a potential customer about some...
Replies
Views
White Room
W
Perhaps one for @SchlüterSystems themselves to answer. When was ditra first made and used? Is...
Replies
Views
jonnyc
J

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.