Discuss PCI Lastogum X - UFH - Above or below? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

DarkyUK

Hi All,

A quick question (or 2) regarding UFH Matts and PCI Lastogum X. I am looking to run the UFH throughout the on-suite and into the 1000x1000 Marmox Showerlay. Unfortunately I already have two PCI Lastogum X kits so I am looking to make use of these rather than physical membranes.

Two Questions:

1. I am assuming the surrounding floor and plasterboard should be tanked to ensure a complete seal prior to the UFH being laid?

2. If using SLC over the UFH how should the gradient on the pre formed tray be maintained?

Thanks in advance

Andy

D

diamondtiling

Answer to question one is yes.

As for question 2, remove the wire from the mat and fix it to the tray with a hot glue gun then use adhesive or slc to just slightly cover it. You should not have to alter or adjust any of the falls.

Just to add that I would not be inclined to put UFH on the tray in the first place, I cant see what the benefit would be? Make sure the probe is well away from the tray as any heat from the water will interfere with it regulating the heat output.

R

Rich

It would be worth making sure that the heat mat is suitable to go in the shower area, some are and some are not, a quick phone call to the manufacturer will tell you if it is not stated in the paper work that came with the mat. If it is not suitable I would go without it in the shower, I agree with diamond above, I dont see what you stand to gain. Surley the hot water from the shower will keep those tiles nice and warm?

Reply to PCI Lastogum X - UFH - Above or below? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm getting towards the end of a major renovation that has taken 4+ years so don't...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I urgently need some advice and not sure where to turn. We are having some major...
Replies
Views
Rookery
R
S
Hi Everyone, Am hoping someone can help with some advice here. I have had 120sq mtrs of honed...
Replies
Views
The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
PCI Lastogum X - UFH - Above or below?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.