Discuss PITA job in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Nottingham
4 days in and I don't feel I've made much of a dent in the huge piles of tiles I've got!!
Spent a day sorting out the concrete to get it level - had to hit it quite a bit with SLC (this was suppose to be all sorted!)
All the furniture still in the lounge, set of stairs that I had to take down with joiner (they had to go in lounge), fridge freezer, 2 dogs, kitchen units etc.. all piled in the lounge. Wanted to get all the ditra down on first day but fat chance.
No outside tap so I put one in last night to make my life easier.
Managed to finish hallway off today and get stairs back in - so managed to get more matting down so I can make a start in the lounge tomorrow.

20150312_164711_zps6gc2lpem.jpg

20150312_164903_zpslzjzcibo.jpg

20150312_164745_zps0r191fkb.jpg

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Nottingham
Ha - my fingers have bled everyday so far!
First cut of the ditra and I managed to go into my thumb :oops:
Today was taking the bathroom door off and it has one of those tensioned chains (can't remember what they're called)
but it was fitted at the top of the door so max tension - that bit me bad, as I was wiping all the blood off the ditra one of
the labradoodle puppies rocked up and emptied its bladder all over my fein :rant:

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Nottingham
End of week 2 and lounge and utilities corridor finished

20150318_165407_zpsl1awqvvb.jpg

20150318_165431_zpskkzld9qr.jpg

P1010416_zpskrdne0lm.jpg

P1010411_zpsjqjsddxs.jpg

P1010413_zpsepmovvpa.jpg

P1010412_zpsvhu9rmjf.jpg

Kitchen/diner to do next week which I'm a bit worried about as there's a built in media unit and island to go around - concerned that the levels may
be out when the tiles meet back up.
Also got a curved wall window feature thing that's going to be hard to cut round (worried I'll have to split a tile or two to get it in place.

C

Colour Republic

That looks like a complete nightmare. Nobody is managing the clients expectations.

TV, books, CDs all stacked up in recesses before the decoration is done or the skirts fitted. Kitchen completely filled before that's even finished. Sofa and furniture on the tiles before it's grouted. I'm all up for accommodating the client when they are trying to live in the property whilst the works are going on but that's taking it too far.

If I had quoted for that job and that is what I was faced with I would have had a word with them by now.

Sorry sir/madam I know you want everybody out of the house so you can get back on with your life but the fact is you're only extending it but slowing us down.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Nottingham
It's been a mare!
Got an entire bathroom suite piled in the hallway now. Massive fridge freezer that is apparently going on ebay (put it on ebay then and get rid ffs)
Kitchen fitter's held up 'cos he spends 1/2 his time emptying cupboards, fridges etc... only to have to put it all back later. Though it's me suffering the most - God knows how I'm going to grout it all in one day. :mad2:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to PITA job in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I'm trying to assess what prep is needed on the walls for my kitchen backsplash. We'll be...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
  • Suggestion
Topps Tiles in-store or online - Genuine Feedback, Positive or Otherwise. I used to work in a...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, i took some jobs as a contractor for some MC Donald's restaurants but i find it quite...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB