Discuss plaster..... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

Stef

Mr Tiler. I'm sorry if you take this the wrong way but I've read a few of your posts & I don't think you are even ready to tackle a kitchen splash back let alone a bathroom refit.
I feel as though you think that anyone can tile as a lot of DIYers tackle jobs themselves.
I started out as a tilers mate & I was the best grouter in Scotland as that's all I done for over 2 years.
When I went alone I quickly realised how hard tiling can be & that was over 6 years ago.
Every other day I learn & learn something new & a lot of that is down to this forum with some of the best fixers in Britain on here.
I'm one of the best fixers within my area but it has taken me years to get where I am.
You are trying to run before you can walk, I like your enthusiasm but you have to realise that there are a lot of brill hot tilers sitting in the house because they can't compete with the prices some of the new comers are quoting!!
This is a skilled trade & the quicker peeps realise that the better!!! No offence intended..

Last edited by a moderator:
T

True Tiling

Word up to all Landlords: Get with the picture. Make home improvements for your tenants. Your tenants are paying off the mortgage on your house. You can't sit like a smug fat cat, take all the cash and put it directly to the mortgage you have on the house you lease. One day you will will own the property you rent, and they will have paid for it. Cut some slack and show some respect. You need to pay for improvements. P.S - I own my own house.

C

charlie1

Mr Tiler. I'm sorry if you take this the wrong way but I've read a few of your posts & I don't think you are even ready to tackle a kitchen splash back let alone a bathroom refit.
I feel as though you think that anyone can tile as a lot of DIYers tackle jobs themselves.
I started out as a tilers mate & I was the best grouter in Scotland as that's all I done for over 2 years.
When I went alone I quickly realised how hard tiling can be & that was over 6 years ago.
Every other day I learn & learn something new & a lot of that is down to this forum with some of the best fixers in Britain on here.
I'm one of the best fixers within my area but it has taken me years to get where I am.
You are trying to run before you can walk, I like your enthusiasm but you have to realise that there are a lot of **** hot tilers sitting in the house because they can't compete with the prices some of the new comers are quoting!!
This is a skilled trade & the quicker peeps realise that the better!!! No offence intended..

Not read this thread,only your post Robeson but I agree with your post entirely! There are a lot of good guys for whatever reason just can't get the work and let's face it, other guys come in and talk the talk. Brings me on to my next point,should we not be more protective off our knowledge? There are guys on here I have been lucky enough to pick there brains and believe me, it's shows in my work and all I had to do was ask nicely!!

Reply to plaster..... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

D
Budget renovation as I just bought the flat. Cavity brick walls, 1 external. Removed old tiles...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Further to my other post re our hollow tiles issue It looks like our tiler has dot and dabbed...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB