UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Please help my tiler has refused to put my tiles on the wall!!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

Jbrooks

tiles.jpg tilesw 2.jpg here are my tiles thanks

M

Mike Mike

I assume these are for a kitchen? If so, there is no problem with fixing them with a good cementious adhesive. I think your tiler just didn't fancy his chances at fixing them without any lippage. These are more difficult to fix than regular mosaic, ex-colleague of mine (now retired) had to rip some out once after customer wasn't happy with visible lippage when the under counter lights were on.

Ask another tiler. I can't see a problem with fixing these.

M

Mike Mike

they were for my wet room, do you think this would make any difference?

Ah, that's different. :yikes:

Where did you buy the tiles from and who is the manufacturer? Did either the tile shop say they were okay for use in wet environments like shower areas, or is there something on the manufacturer spec/website that says they are okay? It's the paper on the back under the mesh that I assume your tiler is concerned about and how well it will stand up when wet. I have only ever seen this style of tile fixed in a kitchen before.

S

Spud

why? nothing wrong with them tiles
did you take a good look at the pictures Tony mesh and paper only allows 10-15% contact with the adhesive and the back of the tile the tiles can be used if you re sheet them from the front with gummed paper and then remove some of the backing but why go to the trouble send them back and get some that dont have so much stuff on the back

M

Mike Mike

The were brought from Porcelanosa and yes they knew they were for my wet room??

I'm sure the shop wouldn't have sold them if they were not appropriate for that application, however having spent a fruitless 30 or so minutes trying to find something positive from the Porcelanosa website I am losing the will to live (perhaps less glossy photos and a bit easy navigation and technical data). Somewhere in the attached I am certain will be your tiles, and it will say "Usage Recommendations by Product" and one of the boxes is "shower walls". If it's ticked, and it will be (because the main website shows your exact tiles on a shower wall) then that should be sufficient to put any subsequent tiler's minds at rest....

[DLMURL]http://www.anticcolonial.com/recursos/ftp/cat.geneneral_piedra_ingles_2012.pdf[/DLMURL]

p.s. And if they do subsequently fall off the walls, then it's Porcelanosa's fault and not your tiler's...

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Spud

I'm sure the shop wouldn't have sold them if they were not appropriate for that application, however having spent a fruitless 30 or so minutes trying to find something positive from the Porcelanosa website I am losing the will to live (perhaps less glossy photos and a bit easy navigation and technical data). Somewhere in the attached I am certain will be your tiles, and it will say "Usage Recommendations by Product" and one of the boxes is "shower walls". If it's ticked, and it will be (because the main website shows your exact tiles on a shower wall) then that should be sufficient to put any subsequent tiler's minds at rest....

[DLMURL]http://www.anticcolonial.com/recursos/ftp/cat.geneneral_piedra_ingles_2012.pdf[/DLMURL]

p.s. And if they do subsequently fall off the walls, then it's Porcelanosa's fault and not your tiler's...
hi mike,I I dont think that would stand up in a court in the uk ,you cant do something that you know will fail even with a liability waiver from the customer or the tile supplier,since you are the expert in the fixing of the tiles if you knowingly do something wrong you are liable as you had the right to refuse to do the work or walk away from it

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Please help my tiler has refused to put my tiles on the wall!!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Are there any BS standards covering this please I have recently had 3 sides of a shower tiled...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, I'm new here and was really hoping for some professional advice. I bought a new...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I had an en-suite tiled in July 2017, we noticed a leak in the hallway in December...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I’m looking for a bit of help please. My house was a new build 18 months ago and...
Replies
Views
J Sid
J
It was his first day today. I found him on mybuilder. He wasn't the cheapest quote and I chose...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.