Discuss Poor Tiling Job? Advise please... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

V

vik987

Hi,

after some advise have just had our kitchen done by builders including the tiling by same company, however there tiling on walls they have made a right mess off, Its awful, we are really unhappy and not sure where we stand with getting it repaired or our money back?

Im not sure if i trust them to put it right if this is there standard of work? The tiles we choosen we not cheap and its left us very unhappy and disappointed with the finish of kitchen..

Can someone advise me where we stand with this please.

V

vik987

Attachments

• IMG_1629.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 309

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
Shocking - Tiles scratched, vertical corners left with no expansion joint, just filled with grout (badly), tiles and underneath wall units not cleaned off, no silicon seal between tiles and worktop, need I go on.

Get them back, ask them to remove them and compensate you for cost of the replacement tiles, labour and materials to get the job done properly by a tiler, not a builder.

C

charlie1

How can you say that .. the job is rough as hell...

Prob used the wrong word there 'tiler' ... As you know Dave, for mosaics all the work is in the prep, i know what prep work can be like by 'some' builders! I'm guessing the square meterage price has been agreed by the guy who has done the tiling and then hes tried to make the best of a bad situation instead of getting the walls plastered properly... And failed badly! I'm just guessing mind! I agree though, all needs ripped out, poor finish!

Reply to Poor Tiling Job? Advise please... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi there, We have red quarry tiles in our indoor entrance hall and my wife would like to paint...
Replies
Views
Moved this as I incorrectly posted in the Pro forum! Hi all, Finally getting to lay the tiles in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
We recently finished a bathroom renovation where the two builders who did the bathroom also did...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB