UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Premier-tiling featured on channel 4 show. "you deserve this house" in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Stewart

I think my time on this forum has come to a very quick end. With attitudes like these on here I don't no why I bothered.

Don't take the criticism personally, as anyone that shows their work on the forum has to be open to that work being looked at and analysed by 1000's of pro's and amateurs alike. I would prefer that you stuck around on the forum, as like myself and many other seasoned pro's, there's alway's something new to learn and information to be shared and gleaned from each other.....

M

Mike Mike

Flat refurb I did a few years ago was on come dine with me fella got 10 outa 10 for his flat P.E. teacher from Glasgow episodes although the flat is actually in Hamilton, only about 20miles from the city centre!

I once got a mention on the Swedish equivalent of CrimeWatch, but as they never found the customer's body the case was dropped... Counter-intuitively I got lots of calls from people who'd watched it who wanted me to quote them for bathrooms. The power of TV...

S

Spud

I probably watched that (I have a soft spot for Sarah Beeney, if you know what I mean). Was it the farmhouse in Essex by any chance? She was very complimentary about the tiling in the bathroom in that episode, but didn't go as far as to mention WHO DID THE TILING.

Which made me wonder whether they paid the contractors, or somehow persuaded them to work for free, with the expectation that they'd get some sort of advertising from it. I did note that they NEVER mentioned the contractors in the credits at the end of the show.

Man, I'm in a bad mood tonight. These TV celebs, no matter how big their assets are, are paid millions, while honest craftsmen are expected to work for free. It gets my goat to be honest... :incazzato:
No Mike it was a house in woolwich and the woman who had the work done had zero money and basically asked every trade and supplier to provide their goods and services for charity with the the promise of a mention on the show, my work had less than 2 seconds airtime and to be honest I was more than just a little disappointed,channel 4 however did put a link to my website from the help my house is falling downs website which i do appreciate,I did not tile the kitchen which was really poorly done and they showed a lot of that and people were even contacting me asking where the kitchen tiles were from lol!

D

Deleted member 1779

Welcome to the forum and good luck on the Television. Yes we been on the box too....

Dragons Den!

den2.jpg

So its a forum of famous people huh......

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Premier-tiling featured on channel 4 show. "you deserve this house" in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Be the Best with BAL! The importance of correct training should never be underestimated. As the...
Replies
Views
Old Mod
O
S
I had the dilemma of what job I was going to do after my twenty two year career in the Royal...
Replies
Views
A
Hi there, I'm new here, and I'm not a tiler. I would be grateful for some advice on sorting out...
Replies
Views
Gazzer
G
M
I live in Sweden, and here a flexible S1 adhesive can cost between £1 and £2 per KG! I've...
Replies
Views
Diamond Pool Finishers
D
R
Hi guys Thought I'd fill you in on what happened today at work, I think what your about to read...
Replies
Views
Gazzer
G

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.