Discuss Price Check in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

W

White Room

Don't normally ask for price checking but would interested what you think....

Self leveling to 13m2 on ufh which still needs securing down around a central kitchen unit and a small room adjacent to the kitchen.
Fixing 50m2 of plank type tiles 900x150x10mm
supply adhesive and grout
Screed floor to be scrapped to remove splats of plaster and primed.
Theres still kitchen units on a floor screed which will have to be shifted as tiling progresses, why there not fitted is anyones guess.

I have priced but the woman said I was dearer than another tilers price (who has done his back in so can't do the job)

Just questioning myself, your views would most appreciated.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
I would do about £40 m2, more if over multi rooms, then 2 days for self leveling, cleaning floor and moving units around plus self leveling materials.
No VAT on that and if on my door step yes may drop price a little but most of my work is a good hour to an hour and a half drive away. More than happy to have a little drive to get better price.

It's all about areas Julian ,come to burnley,go price a job at £40m2 ,you will be sat at home twiddling your little fellow all year round ;)

J

J Sid

Will put on my flame proof suit but I'd be able to come in at 1300 and still make a good day rate at 3.5 days work.

Peter, if you can do all that in 3.5 days and be happy with a day rate and do it properly, then can i have some of whatever you are smoking or snorting please....

I work on about 6m2 a day when working out a time scale for a job, so would be looking at 7 to 9 days on that job, without see it, from start to finish.

M

m3fitter

£2,500.00
labour £1,680.00 ( 180.00 latex + £1500.00 fixing )
materials £820.00
3 - 3.5 days ( the half day is latexing )

** as far as i'm concerned dayrate only comes into effect with work you can't earn on, ie: splashbacks
what we earn is dependent on how good and quick you are, and bears no comparison, to how much you should earn, we work on price for a reason, ie, some people take longer than others, if you are fortunate enough to be quick and good, then that's the game ;-) if somebody asks me my dayrate, I say " I work on price ( full stop ) "

P

Peter

Peter, if you can do all that in 3.5 days and be happy with a day rate and do it properly, then can i have some of whatever you are smoking or snorting please....

I work on about 6m2 a day when working out a time scale for a job, so would be looking at 7 to 9 days on that job, without see it, from start to finish.

I'd love to be able to make a living doing 6m a day but unfortunately NI rates of £12-15pm wouldn't allow it and we need to get the finger out and be doing 15-20m a day. Couldn't imagine a morning of latexing and a 50m floor ever taking 9 days.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
Peter, if you can do all that in 3.5 days and be happy with a day rate and do it properly, then can i have some of whatever you are smoking or snorting please.... 

do you only work mornings..:sofahide: lol

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
I'd love to be able to make a living doing 6m a day but unfortunately NI rates of £12-15pm wouldn't allow it and we need to get the finger out and be doing 15-20m a day. Couldn't imagine a morning of latexing and a 50m floor ever taking 9 days.

6m2 a day is going some , i can understand it on a wall, with 2 windows , loads[ of pipes and mosaics, but a 50m2 floor , id be falling asleep .
Julian, i aint being bitchy mate, wish i could get your rates
Ive just done 80m2 floor last week, on my jack jones, you can see what it was like on the monday in photos,had it SLC on monday and tiled and grouted by thursday and int pub to watch them overpaid morons get beat again , id be minted on £40m2 (as long as i don't get pulled on the roughness and lippage )
ujytajy8.jpg
8uba6y2y.jpg
e2unaja2.jpg
a7a6ureg.jpg
ugegyzyq.jpg
usedu6yj.jpg
e6udevyz.jpg

J

J Sid

I did not say i did 6 m2 a day, i said i work on 6 m2 a day for the over all job.
For the job posted.....
Day 1... Collect 25 bags of adhesive plus self leveling and grout if colour know. Stick down ufh and self level if floor is clean and primed, if not lift wires and do properly. Clean floor of contamination ( plaster etc.) vac and prime.
Day 2.... Finish of what was completed from day 1. Remove doors, cut door stops etc., set out and load out some tiles, adhesive.
Days 3,4,5,6... Tile floor, flat level and lip free, with the planks tiles supplied, 12 m2 per day. Do sample grout colours for customer to make there choice.
Day 7....clean and grout floor.
Day 8... Re hang doors, clean floor and silicon around and tile to skirting and kitchen unit where cracks will appear and to give expansion for floor.

As i said, its all about the finished job and service given.

Andy i do start clearing up for the day at 3:30 to leave about 4. Nice to have a home life as well.

Reply to Price Check in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

30m2 of floors, onto concrete. Conservatory ,17m2, rip up kardean , dining room 13m2, rip up...
Replies
Views
Dougs Third Go
D
W
Phoned a guy tonight about a price and is as follows... All 600x600 polished porcelain, 35m2 in...
Replies
Views
Qwerty
Q
F
Hi all I'm tiling my second kitchen, and just wanted to check in with you all that I'm doing it...
Replies
Views
Futuregrout
F
R
hi there I'm not a tiler but my partner is (24 years in the trade). My partner has recently...
Replies
Views
M
Hi all Interested in views from the trade world about how I should deal with a big floor tiling...
2 3 4 5
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB