Discuss Price for 42m of 600 x 400 travertine? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

advancetiling

Went to price a job last week in Harrogate which was 42m of trav onto a new extension floor.concrete base,flat no real issues. Quoted £900 labour as the guy who was overlooking the project would be supplying materials.Just over £21/m is surely reasonable for travertine(wetcutting,sealing etc)? Anyway,a follow up call revealed we were by far the dearest quote.He told me someone had quoted £300. £7/m Now has it really come to this when people are prepared to do natural stone for £7/m. I bluntly told him hed be lucky to get a poor ceramic tiler for that.

A

advancetiling

Mentioned dural decoupling,expansion joints,finish of sealer etc.Basically he was project managing and just taking the Removed on his head be it.Hope he takes the £300 offer and they Removed it up.Thought the same myself Dave about Harrogate.Quite well off round there £21/m was low but thought we could undercut locals with that and still make a wage.To be fair,2 of us would have easily nailed that in a week and id have been been happy with £450 for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Price for 42m of 600 x 400 travertine? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

S
Asked to quote for a bathroom and ensuite, walls and floors, travertine 600 x 400, labour only...
Replies
Views
White Room
W
S
Hi gang Firstly am I right in my selection of a 10mm round notched trowel for large format...
Replies
Views
S

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Price for 42m of 600 x 400 travertine?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.