Discuss Pricing check please in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

C

charlie1

Some local idiot down the tile shop where i sent them to get there tiles quoted 19 quid per m2 without seeing, now the client is a bit errrr unhappy with the price I gave them, my standard reply to these situations is that I'm selling a different product and having worked with most of the competition in my area, I believe I am! I have since called shop in question and tiler to tell them I don't appreciate getting my business poached from me when I send business to there shop so that will be a last and to discuss the other tilers business ethics but he was not very forthcoming with chat

C

charlie1

It's caused me a bit of hassle to say the least bri and its all needless as the job is mine although I completely understand its a free market and all that!! I thought I was doing the guy a good deal with the price I gave him, I have already done his 35m2 kitchen in the same tile and they know my finish is very good, yet it only takes one muppet to throw a spanner in the works.... Your right bri, out of order. I actually wouldn't mind them just going with the other tiler now as I don't want anyone thinking I'm ripping them off. I'd love to see a 19ppm2 polished porcelain installation tbh.

I

Ian

Some folk are very odd, if you've worked for them before and given them a great job, why worth risk getting a crap job for the sake of saving a few quid? I lost a recommendation job a few months back, quoted £350 for a splashback (couple of days + mats) and they declined saying the joiner had quoted £175. I wasted my breath trying to explain what the difference in finish would be and just left it.

C

charlie1

Totally understand bri... Someone on here has a very very true saying about you soon forget about the price when the job is done to a very good standard. It's laughable though, you spend £1000 on tiles then they query your price of 750 to fit because someone said 19pm2 without even seeing the job ... I'm really trying hard not to blow trumpets but there is tiling and there is tiling FFs, there is a lot of average tilers in my area I tell ya, total minefield!

I

Ian

Bare in mind all, I have known the guy for a good few years, we don't go for pints or anything but I thought I'd give him a good deal, this mates rates crap is getting to complicated. I agree, I gave him a good price. I tell you what, everyone gets the same now unless they are close mates or family!!!

Jobs that involve family and friends are alway the worst, they always want something for nothing and just generally make life awkward. I was supposed to be doing a job for a friend of my dads last month, they were being such a pain that in the end I spat my dummy out and gave the job to someone else.

Some folk are very odd, if you've worked for them before and given them a great job, why worth risk getting a crap job for the sake of saving a few quid? I lost a recommendation job a few months back, quoted £350 for a splashback (couple of days + mats) and they declined saying the joiner had quoted £175. I wasted my breath trying to explain what the difference in finish would be and just left it.

Says it all for me really Bri. Why they asking the joiner to quote for a tiling job. Would they ask you to quote for a joinery job........

Customers like that just aren't worth wasting time on.

I

Ian

Says it all for me really Bri. Why they asking the joiner to quote for a tiling job. Would they ask you to quote for a joinery job........

Customers like that just aren't worth wasting time on.

One of my questions to them was, "what cutters will he be using?" They had no idea, probably a jigsaw and a chisel. These are the sort of jobs I'd love to go and see but it'll probably never happen.

Reply to Pricing check please in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Just about to get going on bathroom reno and would very much appreciate if you could...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon all. I am a keen DIYer (at home) but have never tiled! I want to tile our small...
Replies
Views
Ok. Basically am i tilng right/prepping correctly? Full time professional tiler, nearly 15...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm relatively new to tiling, and have begun offering it as a service alongside my existing...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB