Discuss Pricing check please in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Walls are good and the only prep is boarding the floor?

IMO,
£24.19 p/m2, Labour only, isn't bad.

Collecting the tiles is generous, but is the shop local or 20miles away?
I'd be wanting a pound or two for that possibly.

How long are you expecting the job to take? 3-4 days?
3 days you're laughing at £250 per day
even at 4 days its £187.50 per day
5 days is £150 per day

I'd be happy to do 'mates rates' at them prices for Labour Only

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
Totally understand bri... Someone on here has a very very true saying about you soon forget about the price when the job is done to a very good standard. It's laughable though, you spend £1000 on tiles then they query your price of 750 to fit because someone said 19pm2 without even seeing the job ... I'm really trying hard not to blow trumpets but there is tiling and there is tiling FFs, there is a lot of average tilers in my area I tell ya, total minefield!

It could be my signature you're thinking of Charlie

See below vvvvvv

C

charlie1

Where's your area mark? I agree it's too cheap, problem is too many idiots doing jobs cheaply. I know a few who are first class and sitting at home just now because of this.

Stirling. Ye, there ate good fixers who may not have the gift of the gab as they say then there are other chancers who are backlogged with work for months just because they can turn on the charm...its a funny old game eh

C

charlie1

Was just a local one, I mostly send my clientele to Ctd but they went there and no joy, I called manager to express my fury whilst keeping calm, then found out who the tiler was and called him but he was not very chatty as he could not hear me so he says. The guy has a Facebook page I had a we nosey of his tiling work and to be fair to the guy, I won't be critical of his work, that's not what this is all about, I will give the guy another call though to find out exactly what happened from his side and if need be, educate him on business ethics! I'm always very respectful off other tilers clients, if they have a tiler then I don't even talk to them never mind offer any opinion, if they do engage in conversation then I keep my wits about me.

D

dave l and l

i was working in stirling thurs and i never bothered ti check if there was a tile shop ended up driving into glasgow for stuff. stupid.
as far as tiler trying to pinch yer work thats not on, ye need to find out if it was the customer engaging in conversation and just asking for a general price or tiler pushing. either way its out of order.
as far as your price, i would say its maybe a wee bit cheap but anymore and you would have defo lost it to 19 pound a metre numpty

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
its the way it is at the momment, alot of tradesmen are droping there prices to keep working, you can do the same, or stick to your guns, .....keep working, and earn less,..... charge a decent rate, earn more, work less.....know which boat i would prefer to be in..

Personally Andy it's a bit daft is this,no offence or owt mate i can't understand folk on here saying this.
this is why a lot of tradesmen are sat at home,too stubborn to earn less money and still thinking the good days of earning over a grand a week are still here.
****,if you can get it,then good on you,but some areas like Burnley people can't afford to pay tradesmen £200 + a day.
If some people are too stubborn to knock £100 off a price and would rather sit at home watching jezza Kyle then more fool them.
some of us have bills to pay kids to feed,I'm happy with £600 every week in my hand,better than sitting on my arse waiting for the recession to end or end up bankrupt on the dole and injecting heroin :)
I suppose that's why I've never been out of work,can keep 3 of us going every week,never missed paying a wage or holiday pay to em in over ten years(I've been SE since 95) I'm not dear am very honest and do a good job.

I personally think Charlie's price is ok,as someone has pointed out,if he does it in 3 days that's £250 a day,4 days nigh on £190 a day and so on.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
Personally Andy it's a bit daft is this,no offence or owt mate i can't understand folk on here saying this.
this is why a lot of tradesmen are sat at home,too stubborn to earn less money and still thinking the good days of earning over a grand a week are still here.
****,if you can get it,then good on you,but some areas like Burnley people can't afford to pay tradesmen £200 + a day.
If some people are too stubborn to knock £100 off a price and would rather sit at home watching jezza Kyle then more fool them.
some of us have bills to pay kids to feed,I'm happy with £600 every week in my hand,better than sitting on my arse waiting for the recession to end or end up bankrupt on the dole and injecting heroin :)
I suppose that's why I've never been out of work,can keep 3 of us going every week,never missed paying a wage or holiday pay to em in over ten years(I've been SE since 95) I'm not dear am very honest and do a good job.

I personally think Charlie's price is ok,as someone has pointed out,if he does it in 3 days that's £250 a day,4 days nigh on £190 a day and so on.

think you missunderstood me im on about CHEAP prices £60...£80 a day you want to work that cheap, carry on mate, believe me theres price like that floating round our way at the momment, £120..£150 a day is a fair days pay in my eyes, and would have no problem working for that...

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Pricing check please in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Just about to get going on bathroom reno and would very much appreciate if you could...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon all. I am a keen DIYer (at home) but have never tiled! I want to tile our small...
Replies
Views
Ok. Basically am i tilng right/prepping correctly? Full time professional tiler, nearly 15...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm relatively new to tiling, and have begun offering it as a service alongside my existing...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB