Discuss Problem with yellowing grout in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Bathfix Bob

TF
Arms
No they aren't coming out, they wouldn't expept responsibility (are they responsible?). I only went to see it yesterday (we both have very busy schedules), it was worse than I imagined, horrible dirty yellow.

Although what was intersting was it got worse as you went up the wall, the bottom row was more or less pure white and it gradually got worse as you went up.
The grout was white just under the surface aswell.

All I can do is use a tube of Everbuild grout reviver. I tested it when I was there (had to leave it 4 hours than go back) and I got really good results and it will be easier than scraping it all back out.

Last edited:
Hi Bob, if it was just the surface that was discoloured, and you have been to see it now...Would you be recommending she invest's in an extractor fan for the shower area, as you said in your OP.

Suspect it could have been created by the atmospheric moisture cloud you get in a room whilst showering? After all, that contains dirt too, that will condense onto the tile face at the top of the room, and run down into the grout joints.

I thought air extraction is a requirement for shower-rooms in new-builds thesedays, to comply with ventilation regulations.

I always recommend it to all my customers if they don't have one already, and if possible on a timer for about 10-15 mins afterwards.

Reply to Problem with yellowing grout in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi guys, I've had a bit of an issue on a job I've been doing recently. We finished tiling on...
Replies
Views
Last Dec tiled a small conservatory (13m) with 600mm porcelain tiles. Prior to tiling another...
Replies
Views
Hello, i hope someone can give me some advice please. I’m planning on tiling our bathroom walls...
Replies
Views
We've got as far as stripping out the bathroom in our new (to us) bungalow dug up floor, laid...
Replies
Views
Old Mod
O
C
Hi guys, need to source a alternative grout. I've used mapei ultracolour and not gone on with...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Problem with yellowing grout
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.