Discuss Protilers - tiling in Acton, W5 in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

P

Protilers

Evening all.......

to finish up the post.....here is what went on today!!!!.....

yesterday I had a problem with the window in the shower......basically, the new sand and cement render was proud of the frame for the window......so I added some hardibacker and then floated the whole area..

14466763.JPG

today I started to tile it in.....

27680272.jpg

here is how it ended up...

90559134.jpg

tile trim is on and mitred.......but i need to silicone into the window..........

41018849.jpg

48820187.jpg

all grouted up and most of the siliconing done............tommorrow is another day EH?

all the best and nite nite.......

Lee

P

Protilers

Hi lee, pics looking good, one bit of advice for you though, be more forceful with whoever dictated where your tiles need to go... That's your job to decide that, now you have that small cut round the bottom ( that would do my head in, not because it can't be done, it's just unnecessary if you where involved in the setting out) ... Grrr, makes me sweat just looking at the cuts on that bottom row. Very nice job though lee.
Hi Charlie......I signed up to the job because I said I could get it done, the set out was designated by the builder because the idea was the tiles are "flush" with the plasterwork....
in other words the plaster work is 8 - 10mm proud of the hardibacker....and was there before I started.....here is a piccy:

img2002d.jpg

and this means that the whole tiles had to be abutted to the plastering bead (would not want the small cut there!!!)to create the "flush" finish.............
the rest of the set out was down to me choice of spacer size etc......and I went with the best of most worlds...........IMO

all the best and thanks for the post

Lee

P

Protilers

It's looking good lee, you put everything in to your work!!! I like metros, they are a very timeless tile that would look good in any house. I like to use a different coloured grout with them to highlight the brick effect more, cement grey being my favourite with the white ones.

Hi Charlie.....I am with you on the contrasting grouts and the metro tiles.....personally I quite like them.....I proberbly would not do my whole bathroom in them.....but my kitchen splash or downstairs loo....definatly!

hope you enjoied the post......I am off to cook my dinner (spaghetti and meatballs)...........nite nite

Lee

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Protilers - tiling in Acton, W5 in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

We had our kitchen tiled last week and we're not at all happy with the work. The tiles aren't...
Replies
Views
Hello all. We have employed a tiler to do our bathroom and floor tiles. We bought the tiles...
Replies
Views
Hi all Having a bit of a mare; after having my last shower installation botched (but thankfully...
Replies
Views
Perfect Tiling
P
Hi all, I was hoping to get some input/help on this situation. Background: We had 12 x 24"...
Replies
Views
Hi all! First post in a long time! A tiler I’ve used to do a bathroom is complaining that the...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB