Discuss Question for Ajax in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

K

kaharrison9

Good Evening All. Rather than just pm Alan,I'll keep it in the forum as may be of use to others. Have had a call from a customer who has a Lafarge Agilia Horizontal screed. Is this a calcium screed or does it need any special prep work? Also 2 local suppliers have started stocking a Benfer adhesive(have forgot it's name possible solo....) for anhydrite screeds, have you any feed back on this product> I normally use Gypfix. Kind Regards. Kevin

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
cost, time, quality, stability, environmental, heating efficiency, health and safety, depth, bay size, and design are just a few of the reasons calcium sulphate is used over cement. Anhydrite screed is a technically superior product to cement based screed. There are no doubt tilers who think the substrate should be chosen more to suit them because they think anhydrite a difficult substrate to work with but there are far more problems in the market with sand and cement screeds than anhydrite and its easy to tile to if you use the right sticky.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Question for Ajax in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

T
Hi folks, this one is one for anyone, but Ajax is the one I hope can help me. A couple of...
Replies
Views
S
M
Hi All I have a couple of questions regarding tiling prep for Anhydrite screeds and was hoping...
Replies
Views
K
Good Evening. Looking at an anhydrite conservatory floor tomorrow but with no wet UFH around...
Replies
Views
kaharrison9
K
Just got this E-mail through from my supplier. Not used this product before myself but it may be...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I have a site meeting tomorrow with the customer and father inlaw (architect) so I...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB