Discuss questions in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

G

Gazzer

or:

On site checks:
You arrive to measure a floor, you discover it is Anhydrite screed. You realise it has not been sanded and was layed without expansion joints in the doorways. The customer has been told it is ready to tile and estimates it is four weeks old.
Please discuss how you would approach this job.
Please explian why the expansion joints should have been put in by the screeder.
Please discuss who will sand and test the floor.
Please explain how you intend to earn money having to return week after week testing the floor.
Please explain how you intend to book this floor into your work schedule.
Please explain why there is a total confusion into various adhesives for these floors and explain the definitive answer.
Please explain why any needed an Anhydrite floor in the first place considering sand and cement has worked for years in the UK.
Please explain why you no longer can take on flooring jobs due to all of the above, including how you will explain to the bank that you are not earning enough money to pay your bills, and how you will try and pay your last years tax bill as you have to refuse flooring jobs.

You dont like Anhydrite floors , do you ?

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to questions in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
Hello, first post, asking about career change and possible entry route into the industry. I know...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone. Hope you are well. I want to learn how to tile and do a fairly basic bit of...
Replies
Views
A question about mitering and matching epoxy colour I'll be working with some pinkish matt...
Replies
Views
I'm searching for 42 pieces of 12" x 12" Verde Alpi marble tiles. Preferably honed. 12" x 24"...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB