Discuss Ratedpeople.com in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Does anyone on here use this for work ? I filled the form in to see what the costs were like and its pretty extortionate in my opinon.

I can see its benefits for builders but for tilers people seem to want things done for pennies...unless they are just second guessing the cost of a job.

I dont think I'll be forking out for leads. Would rather bribe the tile shops with wings and cake !

Does anyone on here use this for work ? I filled the form in to see what the costs were like and its pretty extortionate in my opinon.

I dont think I'll be forking out for leads. Would rather bribe the tile shops with wings and cake !

I have for the last 3 yrs. The price of the more expensive leads have jumped in the time that I have been a member. That increase in cost, I think they (RP) justify because they have increased their advertising and the number of leads for tradesmen to potentially follow.

Haven't changed my work area in the last 3 yrs, and I have seen the number of leads jump from 2-3 a day, to regularly 10-15 a day. But still the cost of leads is a gamble, and it is vicious if your going up against a jack of all trades that talks a good game, and has got in first. Some have been by as much as 50%, so I just respond by saying good luck then.

I have always been very picky with what quotes I buy, they have to sound like they know what they are talking about and the budget has to be reasonable. There are some ridiculous leads on there also.

Won't be renewing my membership for now, which actually is up for renewal tomorrow! But if things dry up again, I'm not saying I won't go back. I'll stick to giving candy (or was it brandy) to the tile shop aswell. They just called me with another victorian floor quote to do next Monday. Plus another refferal job I got just text back to say they want a job doing I quoted for 4 months ago. Thought it had gone to someone else, but thats my next job in the bag, and another good lead from the shop.

Anyway, RP, its a good place to start, but I don't really view it as a long term sustainable thing for a business/professional tiler.

Last edited:
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Ratedpeople.com in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I went to a customers house 2 nights ago to price up a job. Job described to me as a small...
Replies
Views
A
Right before you read on its important for you to understand that this has been written because...
2 3
Replies
Views
Gazzer
G
hi all i would appreciate opinions on a job that i thought was going to be a nice bathroom to...
2 3
Replies
Views
bugs183
B
T
Hi Folks, Following a near disaster (using dispersant addy over Mapegum) I was not looking to...
Replies
Views
tom1976
T
G
I went to see a problem job that was done in September last year. It is 600 x 300 Brazilian...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB