Discuss Re:- The lads and me have revolted! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

Gazzer

Re: - The lads and me have revolted!

I would like to see the project managers face on Monday morning when he returns from his holiday. He already hates me, but thats ok I can live with it, wait till he sees the day work and extra over sheets that got signed of on Tuesday, I think he will be throwing himself of the top of the building.

Lynn

Dont forget piccies :smilewinkgrin:

P

Pebbs

Not a good day here, as a few of you predicted, Whitebeam, Dan, amongst others, it always comes back to bite you in the bum. Final account went in a couple of weeks ago, all the day work sheets had been signed off by the project manger. You think that it would be straight forward, but it never is, I had an email from them with their version of the final account. I can understand being knocked at the end of a contract, its part and parcel of this industry, but this one has been trashed. Stupid petty deductions and in some cases straight out refusal to pay some items. I like to believe that I am a fair person to deal with, I am now of the opinion, that you dont get anywhere in the world by taking this approach. You give some people an inch and they literally take a mile, or in this case a wad of cash, and think that its ok to do that. I have a meeting with them on Tuesday, I will be taking my gruesome twosome with me, to fight this one out.

I think main contractors sit there sometimes and truely believe that its ok to knock subbies, its a vile industry sometimes.

Lynn

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK

Gutted Pebbs. I'm sure you'll have a fair argument on Tuesday and that's what good people are able to do. I'd stick to your principles but note which firms are being an ar$e and simply account for that in their pricing should you work together again. I deal with a lot of fair people and its nice to work like that but from time to time you have to get a bit tough. Personally I don't deal with a company or any other connected to them if they've been an ar$e and unfair to me. And it's well known so those who I do work with treat me with the same respect I give them.

I guess what I'm saying is, stay being fair Lynn, you're a sound lass. But just bit 'em back harder when they bite you a bit.

P

Pebbs

I had to go for a lie down after posting this, its been a bad week, all the lads have this 'man flu' one had it and the next day they all have it, we were going to have our epic night out, thats been binned till everyone is better. Today should have been our breaking up day for christmas, it never turns out the way you thought it would do does it? Aww well another day another scrappydo!

Lynn

Reply to Re:- The lads and me have revolted! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
My mum is having her bathroom fitted and she sent me some photos and my partner pointed out that...
Replies
Views
We had our loft bathroom done a month ago and are having issues with the tiler (recommended on a...
Replies
Views
Vinny Kehoe
V
Hi I am after some advice and opinion if the quality of our recently installed tiles is of an...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Re:- The lads and me have revolted!
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.