Discuss Re:- The lads and me have revolted! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

mikethetile

Re: - The lads and me have revolted!

That's interesting, Liz. We have a variety of Federal and state laws that govern OT. There's no way to get out of it (legally) for hourly workers.

Rob
we have strict employment laws in this country too concerning hours worked, hours worked before breaks are mandatory, minimum wage , overtime payments , redundancy etc providing you are employed and not self employed, once you are subbing your labour you are outside these laws

P

Pebbs

Im back, bit of an epic meeting.

Seconds out Round One.

As predicted by Mike the past and the dirty deeds were dragged out by them in the opening moments. What you thought had been put to bed and been forgotten was brushed up and thrown in my face. I think they won on that score, and they floored me.

Round Two

A round of he said, she said, they said, but actually no one said! a contra charge was thrown in they bunged on me because apparently I said I was to busy to do some making good.......I cant remember saying I was to busy..I love the smell of akimi! split the charge down the centre and call it quits.

Round Three

Day Work Sheets signed but they dont want to pay them.....There was no arguement there, I stood my ground I did have a wobble at one point but found my feet again. This was the biggest bone of contention, at one point someone said how much do you pay your men Lynn? to which I replied more than your offering to pay me to pay them. He was beaten into submission, a decent wage for a decent days work.

Round Four

The holding of monies owed due to snagging...umm I thought that what we had retentions for? time to drag out the contracts......durr how stupid of them...red faces on their part.

Round Five

Works that have had to be done again due to the client changing the material.....its simple you put the marble down the client decides they dont like it, you rip it up put down a diff marble, so the client has to pay again. Only they didnt want to, but they have to, because I whipped out the confirmation for the extra works.

Round Six

Refusing to pay for core drilling, again whipped out the confirmation and let them knock a few quid of each segment...give and take.

Its over, finally at long last its being put to bed, and we can move on. The last 12 months have had their highs and their lows. A contract which saw punch-ups, tears, a crate of blue marble crashing and smashing due to an idiot, red cards, yellow cards, Big Daves, temper tantrums, and the banning of shorts on site. Upwards and onwards!

Lynn

C

cornish_crofter

I thought I had problems at the moment. I think I'll just be happy with what I've got to deal with.

My job got delayed over a number of issues and hence it too won't be ready for Christmas. To cut a long story short the man of the house started throwing his weight around telling me he wanted 'everything out of the room' before I left for Christmas after telling he he was p'ed off etc and questioning my speed etc.

I just said "I'll clear everything out now, see you in the new year.

You should have seen the look on his face!

Reply to Re:- The lads and me have revolted! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
My mum is having her bathroom fitted and she sent me some photos and my partner pointed out that...
Replies
Views
We had our loft bathroom done a month ago and are having issues with the tiler (recommended on a...
Replies
Views
Vinny Kehoe
V
Hi I am after some advice and opinion if the quality of our recently installed tiles is of an...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Re:- The lads and me have revolted!
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.