Discuss Recommended cutter for 1200mm porcelain in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com.

James De

TF
Esteemed
London
It looks like it.

I’ll be honest- I’ve not throughly read the instructions but I did adjust the height last week and it made all the difference. The cuts were far better. Give it a go.
The manual isn't great. It's just a series of pictures. So I've adjusted the bar and every break is just breaking off the corner of the tile :/

James De

TF
Esteemed
London
I have been loosely following this thread over the last few days.
I say 'loosely' as I thought I had futureproofed myself a few years ago by getting a Sigma 3dm (900mm)
I went to have a look at a job on Friday night......1000mm Porcelanosa tiles........having to reread every post Doh!!
IMHO, shouldn't need to study how to use a cutter.. My hatred for Sigma grows. But I have to at least try until I can cut these off cuts I have

O

On one

IMHO, shouldn't need to study how to use a cutter.. My hatred for Sigma grows. But I have to at least try until I can cut these off cuts I have
It sounds like the cutter height or the wheel type isn't quite right, or and it is a big or........some tiles will just not snap on a dry cutter.
I've had it before.....a whole bathroom to 'wet cut' and even then not all cuts went to plan.

James De

TF
Esteemed
London
It sounds like the cutter height or the wheel type isn't quite right, or and it is a big or........some tiles will just not snap on a dry cutter.
I've had it before.....a whole bathroom to 'wet cut' and even then not all cuts went to plan.
Apparently someone else has used the same tiles (smaller version) on a sigma and it was fine

Bathfix Bob

TF
Arms
Its like a few years ago I was addicted to Gran Turismo 5 on playstaion and on some of the challenges you just couldn't get gold and everyone on the forums was saying its only when you get yourself a wheel and pedals you can control it better so I spent a few quid and kitted myself out, I even made a proper table I could clamp it to and I have to say what a complete and total waste of time! I just couldn't get the hang of it and could barely keep the car on the road never mind come first, I sold the lot on ebay and went back to my controller.

Reply to Recommended cutter for 1200mm porcelain in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

A question about mitering and matching epoxy colour I'll be working with some pinkish matt...
Replies
Views
450 x 450 porcelain tiles were laid on the bathroom floor recently. One of the tile sometimes...
Replies
Views
Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
Better apolgise for not being an active member for a couple of years. As per title, looking for...
Replies
Views
Hello, after watching so many instructional videos and planing, I just can't understand how to...
Replies
Views

Popular Tile Cutter Threads

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB