Discuss residue left after sealing polished porcelin in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

TileGiant Macc

When sealing polished surfaces with an impregnating sealer it is always best to use the minimal amount possible. Buffing/rebuffing/re-rebuffing will never clear the marks away. The best way to treat high dense tiles is to lay a film of sealer on with a cloth, buff after 15 minutes or so, and leave to stand for a few hours. This still leaves the wipe marks, but using a light cleaner such as L.T.P's Grimex (not any abrasive acidic strippers) with a low concentrate (1:5) to clear the marks, re-wiping with a wet cloth.

Reply to residue left after sealing polished porcelin in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello all I have procelain tiles laid in my kitchen floor. The tiles are cream colour and have...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have had both polished and matt textured wood effect tiles laid in my house and am having...
Replies
Views
Hi I've just laid 26m2 of wood effect polished porcelain tiles (quite high end from Italy...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, hope your all well. Bit of background on the job. 20m2 of opus marble with travertine...
Replies
Views
I have some 100mm sq limestone tiles that are being fixed in my bathroom and need to seal them...
Replies
Views
Old Mod
O

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
residue left after sealing polished porcelin
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.