Discuss RUBI- Here to help answer any product related queries! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Hi Rubi! I can never rate your products highly enough. I must admit I've never tried any other cutters or tiling tools from other brands that you'd class as competitors to Rubi. Some cheaper, run of the mill tools way back when i started maybe.

I do have one question for you though. Who or what was behind the 45° trowls you've recently released to market?

I have a question about the new deign of the TX700, I've linked to it on Rubi TX-700-N Manual Tile Cutter £284.99 in stock - next day UK delivery site, the third picture from top left shows the 'lock' for angle adjustment. If you over-run the score of the tile the wheel holder hits the locking mechanism, sometimes you don't know you've done it and the angle shifts, would it be possible to alter this somehow in a next design ?

P

Protilers

Hello rubi......

I need a portable wetsaw.......like the one Gary gave me on loan........Great bit of kit...............
but it suffers from a major malfunction, as do most portable saws.....the water tray.........they are rubbish............water and foam everywhere..........Doh!....and spillages everywhere when you need to change the water.............who the hell thought that would be a good idea?

what I need is a powerful, portable saw......with an internal resivoiur.....so......

can you please produce a high powered portable wet saw with an internal waterbay and drain plug....900w will be fine.....oh and I am happy to pay a good bit of cash for it......

hehhehhheheheeheeee

Lee....but I am serious......sliding trays....WTF

W

White Room

Hello rubi......

I need a portable wetsaw.......like the one Gary gave me on loan........Great bit of kit...............
but it suffers from a major malfunction, as do most portable saws.....the water tray.........they are rubbish............water and foam everywhere..........Doh!....and spillages everywhere when you need to change the water.............who the hell thought that would be a good idea?

what I need is a powerful, portable saw......with an internal resivoiur.....so......

can you please produce a high powered portable wet saw with an internal waterbay and drain plug....900w will be fine.....oh and I am happy to pay a good bit of cash for it......

hehhehhheheheeheeee

Lee get yourself a cheap roller 9" tray from Wickes, fits under the ND200 perfectly and leaves the shallow end sticking out so you don't need to remove to fill up with water.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
Lee get yourself a cheap roller 9" tray from Wickes, fits under the ND200 perfectly and leaves the shallow end sticking out so you don't need to remove to fill up with water.
going to give the paint tray ago, the original tray is the most stupid design possible, fill it with water and it all spills out trying to get it back in, ive taken to filling it at the top, trough where the blade sits...

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
At least you didn't get a DU200. You can top it up no problem but cleaning the reservoir its a nightmare. You have to remove the bed to get to it all.
It is right down the cheaper end of Rubi's range. But i bought one last year for a travertine job where i was cutting tiles down to a specific size. Was ideal for repetitive cuts and cheap enough. But the job entailed cutting 70sqm of 300x300 in half effectively ment a lot of time removing and cleaning.

R

RubiUK

Hi Rubi! I can never rate your products highly enough. I must admit I've never tried any other cutters or tiling tools from other brands that you'd class as competitors to Rubi. Some cheaper, run of the mill tools way back when i started maybe.

I do have one question for you though. Who or what was behind the 45° trowls you've recently released to market?

Glad to hear you like our RUBI tools. We offer high quality tools so may not always be the cheapest but we aim to work with Tilers and other Building Professionals to ensure you get the best results on all of your work!

In regard to your question about the 45° Trowels, the answer is pretty simple... After some research and feedback, it became apparent that the Tilers we surveyed wanted a product that offered more comfort and less effort. Also many Tilers mentioned awkwardness and discomfort on some jobs so using the same principal and technique as a spanner, our product development team came up with the idea and the 45° Trowel was born......:
45º Notched trowel Rubiflex open handle - RUBI

R

RubiUK

I have a question about the new deign of the TX700, I've linked to it on Rubi TX-700-N Manual Tile Cutter £284.99 in stock - next day UK delivery site, the third picture from top left shows the 'lock' for angle adjustment. If you over-run the score of the tile the wheel holder hits the locking mechanism, sometimes you don't know you've done it and the angle shifts, would it be possible to alter this somehow in a next design ?

Hi Alan, Thanks for your suggestion. RUBI have a product development team based in Spain who are always happy to get feedback on our products and ideas, on ways to improve or modify where possible. I cannot promise that we will be able to alter any cutter/product but I will of course pass on your comments regarding the issue you have experienced to the relevant team so they can consider any alterations at the next review of the product.

R

RubiUK

I need some spares for my rubi table saw , it is an old model but i think i can tailor some of the parts from a dr 300 en where can I purchase dr 300en spares from ?

Hi, you should be able to purchase any parts via your local RUBI stockist. If you want to message me your postcode I can advise you of some retailers close by. Even if they do not hold stock of the actual parts you require, they can easily order in for you from RUBI. Regards

R

RubiUK

Hello rubi......

hehhehhheheheeheeee

Hi Lee,
Which saw did Gary loan you? I am finding water trays are a bit like marmite.lol
Don't suppose you've seen this new circular saw we brought to market late last year- TC 180, Cuts wet or dry. Ps no water tray in sight!!!!lol TC-180 Circular Saw - RUBI

Reply to RUBI- Here to help answer any product related queries! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I see and hear all to often of the horror stories when someone hires a supposed tiler only to...
Replies
Views
W
Hi all! Hope everyone's having a good 2016 so far. Just a quick post to tell you about the...
Replies
Views
Time's Ran Out
T
S
Hi All, I have a large bathroom project coming up and am after a Rubi tile cutter, something...
Replies
Views
Bearing Scoring Wheels for RUBI Tile Cutters - Used them? Any good? They've been out for a...
Replies
Views
C
Hi all, I'd really appreciate your guidance if any of you would be so kind. Apologies in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB