Discuss RUBI- Here to help answer any product related queries! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

R

RubiUK

The undertone of this thread kinda sums up the way the forum has been heading for a while, this guy is on trying to help rubi users and some people are a trying to make some fun of it. No wonder so many users used to be on here and no longer make an appearance but hey-ho.

Rubi v sigma round 200, rubi are good and sigma are better, or is it the other way round, well used to be a little over a year ago.

Mr rubi rep, dave is 100% correct, watch this forum and see everyone switching to sigma, there is no doubt this will happen but I wouldn't worry about it as there not anywhere near as many tilers on here to be swayed by the pro sigma propaganda as there used to be. I don't actually know any tiler in my area who comes on here, how do I know this? ... They all use Pva as bonding and most of them use rubi

Totally appreciate your comments. The forum is here for people to give their views, opinions and share experiences, ask for help or advice- anything... Everyone is entitled to say how they feel but hopefully over time we can get more tilers on here and going forward they will receive less one sided responses and answers..........

R

RubiUK

I think the sigma boys should lay off the rubi man, i don't see the others being bitchy towards the sigma man, very unprofessionalism towards mr rubi :(

Just to be nice, i like rubi, never had a problem at all,i aint tried a sigma,no point, mine do the job, great cutters are rubi , superb( if i carry on think i may get some freebies ;) )

lol, cheques in the post :thumbsup:

T

Time's Ran Out

Got a Rubi Diamante D200 stainless steel .. how much is a new tilting table for the right hand side of the machine..?

Proof! Dave is tilting towards the right. This always happens to Sigma users after 12 months.
Just for the record I have 4 Rubi's + a small D200 wet cutter (as well as 2 larger Norton wet cutters) a couple of the Rubi cutters are as old as me and others bought in better times.
The banter between the different makes is just that and anyone who gets upset have never worked on sites.
As was stated in the 1st post - its been a while for Rubi to get involved in the forum and it's great to be able to express all views.
CTD have a Rubi demonstration day in Newcastle on Friday and I'll be there. Not expecting any freebies, just good technical information from Mr Lee Carr (who I've known for 20 years) and is always available when required.
Just wish I could stop singing Kenny Rodgers - ' you painted up your lips and rolled your tinted hair, Rubi are contemplating going out somewhere '

T

Time's Ran Out

LOL.. he likes his Rubi... just with him being a beginner you see :lol:

On another note.. did that fella ring you.. geo floor.
Been out tonight to measure and quote - 6sqmts of Victorian - and they will be cut on my 25 year old Rubi 40 - Thanks for the introduction (I love it when your busy)! If your lad wants to go out with a real tiler on a geometric just let me know.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to RUBI- Here to help answer any product related queries! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I see and hear all to often of the horror stories when someone hires a supposed tiler only to...
Replies
Views
W
Hi all! Hope everyone's having a good 2016 so far. Just a quick post to tell you about the...
Replies
Views
Time's Ran Out
T
S
Hi All, I have a large bathroom project coming up and am after a Rubi tile cutter, something...
Replies
Views
Bearing Scoring Wheels for RUBI Tile Cutters - Used them? Any good? They've been out for a...
Replies
Views
C
Hi all, I'd really appreciate your guidance if any of you would be so kind. Apologies in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB